• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
Id only buy one if it's in the NB, not interested in being crammed into the sides of either side stand, would rather pay more game by game and get in the quadrant. My Dad who I go with isn't convinced though and is of the opinion it's better to just keep the membership as night games means being out the house from 5.30am until 10.30pm

Id only buy one if it's in the NB, not interested in being crammed into the sides of either side stand, would rather pay more game by game and get in the quadrant. My Dad who I go with isn't convinced though and is of the opinion it's better to just keep the membership as night games means being out the house from 5.30am until 10.30pm
I think its only the SB where you are 'crammed' we certainly have plenty of space in the BW.

Just curious. To those that voted the last option, why are you on the waiting list then ?

I am planning on renewing unless the increase falls into 'taking the piss' territory

I'll renew but will be looking to move to a cheaper stand, can't justify the price in the BW central at £700 and if it goes to £800 there's no way I'm paying over £40 for each game.

Just curious. To those that voted the last option, why are you on the waiting list then ?
4 reasons really.

1) You may have wanted one when we went up in 2018 but couldn't get one at the time.
2) You may have been concerned about not seeing many matches as a member.
3) In the hope that circumstances may change to allow you to go to every home game in the future.
4) It'll be easier to get to the front of the queue and not want one, than suddenly decide that you want one and have to join the back of the queue.

Albeit from a very small poll, 80% of STH's are considering not renewing with 80% of those on the waiting list not looking to take up the option of being one.

Why would you, to be honest?

- It's fucking expensive. Ridiculously so
- You can get a ticket if you want to
- It's not hard to watch every game at home these days, whether we're officially on TV or not

The only reason to sign up is because you go as a group so you all want to keep your seats. That's it.

I've said I would buy one if I'm offered it, thats if there was a fair wind. If it was this summer I'd have to have a serious think about it as the timing won't be great.

It is a massive outlay, both in costs and time. I am far from happy with the increase in cost, and the communication has demonstrated a complete lack of respect to us as paying fans, in fact the communication has been the most disappointing on many levels.

I always thought (and still do) that Dalrymple was a shyster & a bluff merchant - but at least he made a pretence of caring about fans' opinions.

I think its only the SB where you are 'crammed' we certainly have plenty of space in the BW.

Yeah I hadn't thought of that, sitting next to a bloke who's 6 foot 6 is no fun really so prefer to stand if possible

Yeah I hadn't thought of that, sitting next to a bloke who's 6 foot 6 is no fun really so prefer to stand if possible
We lucked out with our seats and are the top row of the aisle in the bottom tier . As a 6'4 bloke I get to stand all game and not annoy anyone, plus have easy access to the loo :)

Why would you, to be honest?

- It's fucking expensive. Ridiculously so
- You can get a ticket if you want to
- It's not hard to watch every game at home these days, whether we're officially on TV or not

The only reason to sign up is because you go as a group so you all want to keep your seats. That's it.
It is expensive, but I don't go on holidays,or have loads of meals out, or spend silly amounts at the hair salon, or getting me nails done, so in my eyes ( and hubbys) if it's something we can afford then I'll keep renewing.

Yes you can get a ticket if you want to. But I love where I am, surrounded by all kinds of characters and people we have come to know and have a laugh with.

Watching on TV, yes you can. But it's just not the same, I had years of that trying to watch on dodgy links and proper links, and it's not the same.

As long as we can afford it and don't miss it then I'll carry on. Hubby gets pleasure from buying fucking tool after tool for DIY ing, I get it from a ST.

Last edited:
I am planning on renewing unless the increase falls into 'taking the piss' territory
With the fuel price cap going up by 54% I’d argue any increase is taking the piss, especially if compare to other teams and the lack of investment in the team.

Price in pubs is a scandal these days too. I bought a bottle of Old Mout before the Southampton game. £4.85.

They're three for a fiver in the Tesco round the corner from our house in Bradmore.
I bought a pint and a 200ml elderflower tonic in Bath on Saturday and it was £9.30. Fucking ludicrous and that was in a fairly nondescript Fullers chain too.

Bristol is becoming a joke for it too, you'll struggle to get anything for less than £5.

I still think the club are missing a trick by no longer offering the TPS (ticket priority scheme) that they did about a decade ago. I used to do this with my dad, when we couldn't commit/lived too far away for a season ticket, but we also wanted to know that we had a "guaranteed" six games that we could attend - then also adding loyalty points to our supporter numbers to get us ahead of the crowd for other games with higher demand tickets. The TPS scheme where they had a couple of games against shite teams, a couple of middle teams, a couple of top teams and a guaranteed ticket for the black country derby was absolutely perfect for supporters in our situation - and it baffles me that they no longer offer it.

I'd personally jump at a TPS scheme with a guarantee of attending X number of games per season, rather than committing to a season ticket that I wouldn't get the most out of. But as they're not offering it any more (because "fuck the fans while the demand is there"), i've gone for option 4 on the poll, that I am on the waiting list and would probably take up the option of a ST if offered one. I spoke to Banjo yesterday and we discussed getting ST's next to each other and attending as many games as possible, but whenever we couldn't go, just letting a friend/family member go instead. But it just seems like a waste of money for reasons mentioned above - generally tickets will be available for members anyway etc.

I still think the club are missing a trick by no longer offering the TPS (ticket priority scheme) that they did about a decade ago. I used to do this with my dad, when we couldn't commit/lived too far away for a season ticket, but we also wanted to know that we had a "guaranteed" six games that we could attend - then also adding loyalty points to our supporter numbers to get us ahead of the crowd for other games with higher demand tickets. The TPS scheme where they had a couple of games against shite teams, a couple of middle teams, a couple of top teams and a guaranteed ticket for the black country derby was absolutely perfect for supporters in our situation - and it baffles me that they no longer offer it.

I'd personally jump at a TPS scheme with a guarantee of attending X number of games per season, rather than committing to a season ticket that I wouldn't get the most out of. But as they're not offering it any more (because "fuck the fans while the demand is there"), i've gone for option 4 on the poll, that I am on the waiting list and would probably take up the option of a ST if offered one. I spoke to Banjo yesterday and we discussed getting ST's next to each other and attending as many games as possible, but whenever we couldn't go, just letting a friend/family member go instead. But it just seems like a waste of money for reasons mentioned above - generally tickets will be available for members anyway etc.
This is what I was getting at with the golf analogy .

I was in the initial TPS but it didn't work for me as IIRC you didn't know up front who and when the games would be held and out of the 6 guaranteed matches I couldn't get to 2 of them. A membership now is a better option as you can almost guarantee getting tickets for three quarters of the games and be able to pick where you want to sit.

Yeah, the theory was ok but in practice it was shit.

I got dumped in the fucking golf stand as well for those six games. We really fucked up on season tickets in 2003/4. No loyalty points at all, so even though I'd been commuting back and forth between Manc and Wolves for three years to watch us, I had the same status as some bellend who fancied a ticket despite not watching us for decades.

Back