• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
Respect, man.

It'll hurt if I have to stop going, that's 34 years of my life there. But I won't have anyone taking the piss.

I was in the initial TPS but it didn't work for me as IIRC you didn't know up front who and when the games would be held and out of the 6 guaranteed matches I couldn't get to 2 of them. A membership now is a better option as you can almost guarantee getting tickets for three quarters of the games and be able to pick where you want to sit.
Strange. My memory of it is we were sat in the Billy Wright upper for all and were told which games they would be at the start of the season so we could plan to attend, but if we couldn't make it, we could swap.

As I remember, it was very easy and a great middle-ground option for fans who don't live too close to Wolves.

Last edited:
Strange. My memory of it is we were sat in the Billy Wright upper for all and were told which games they would be at the start of the season so we could plan to attend, but if we couldn't make it, we could swap.

As I remember, it was very easy and a great middle-ground option for fans who don't live too close to Wolves.
I could be wrong - it was nearly 20 years ago. To be fair to the club one that I couldn't get to was due to a cancellation an hour before kick off and I was away when it was re-arranged but each time I did pass on the ticket to someone else. A membership now can get you to most matches so I don't see a difference in planning in advance to go to whatever matches you want? If the old system was used today you might get a games changed to a Monday Night/Friday Night/Sunday which is less convenient. With a membership you can now buy tickets for the next 3 home games knowing exactly the time and date.
I prefer the current system.

You're not wrong, Sniffer. The TPS was shit, you had no choice. The club mailed you the tickets and that was that.

A reasonable idea executed badly.

I think the TPS was 6 or 7 games and guaranteed a ticket to one of the top 4/Villa/Birmingham? but again it was lottery which of those you'd get. Certainly nothing in advance.

I think the TPS was 6 or 7 games and guaranteed a ticket to one of the top 4/Villa/Birmingham? but again it was lottery which of those you'd get. Certainly nothing in advance.
It was a guaranteed ticket against Albion when we did it, and the other games were split in to tiers, depending on the quality of the opponent. The idea being you got a couple of shite teams, couple of reasonable ones and a couple of top teams.

As per Sniffers post, it was 20 odd years ago and I’ve slept a few times since then.

Am giving serious thought as to not renewing this time.

Cost of the ticket will be a factor, though for me that's not the biggest cost - travel etc. is expensive & I tend to drive up now as don't enjoy 8 hrs on trains/waiting on stations to get home at 11.30pm plus evening games I couldn't do it by train either. Really not going to be doing a 3 1/2 hr journey back after one of those so hotels are involved.

If I don't then will get a membership & try to see whether an away S/T is possible as the London clubs, Soton & Bournemouth if they come back (though probably don't want to go there anyway) are easier than coming to a home game.

Will miss have my set seat as there is a good group around there - no knobheads at all & the same group for the last 3 or 4 years.

Unless something drastic happens then i'll be renewing both my home and away season tickets. Hate not going to the games and i love following the club home and away and will do for as long as i can i think.

I'm on the waiting list - very high up too. Am a member, have been a member from the off, with one season as a season ticket holder, but back in the day when you couldn't sell back on a match by match basis and, being London based, it wasn't cost effective at all. Having said all that, seriously considering buying a season ticket for next season, assuming I will be offered a chance too, which based on the numbers of existing season ticket holders thinking about not renewing, seem highly likely that I will. Miss watching Wolves on a regular basis, especially now we're in the prem. Clocked up all the miles over the years in the lower leagues, I want to treat myself!

Similar, far higher in the list than I thought I was...I could probably swallow the ticket price increases, but between that, rising train prices, and all the other fuckery either already happening or to come shortly (fuel price, NI increases, etc) and getting reasonably close to being able to put down a house deposit I don't think I can justify it.

As soon as tickets are widely available for the majority of games one of the main reasons for keeping a ST disappears. The club need to be very careful or they could lose a lot of regulars who will pick and choose and suddenly you go from every game being a sellout to 3000 empty seats because the games on Sky, it’s forecast to be pissing down with rain and you can spend the money saved on something else. Take ST holders for granted at your peril.

I'm teetering right on the edge of not renewing. My monthly outgoings are going to go through the roof in the next couple of months and I've missed two or three games already this season at short notice. It's getting to the point of not being about justification (I don't mind missing the odd game here and there) but affordability. Life has changed and something has to give, this will be the first thing on the list sadly.

Having said that I'm finding that buying the free seat between us and Johnny for someone who only got their membership three weeks ago a piece of piss for every game, so with tickets readily available (yes, it's true) I'll just get a membership and pick and choose games.

Norwich have released their ticket prices for next season. Apparently an increase for them. I'm out of tocuh with our prices so how do we compare against a yoyo club that hates us?

NorSTH.png

Pretty sure we're still more expensive, even if not by a huge amount.

The difference being Norwich habitually get decent gates relative to the size of their ground (Molineux is around 4k seats bigger, which doesn't sound a lot but it actually is) no matter how they're doing. Who knows why, maybe there's literally nothing better to do. I'd say Norfolk is also more affluent than the West Midlands on average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–09_Norwich_City_F.C._season

Relegated to League One that season having done bugger all for a few years beforehand, and never got a gate below 23k.

If we slipped fairly rapidly into being a mid-table Championship team we'd lose 8-10k fans. Or "fans" if you like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006–07_Wolverhampton_Wanderers_F.C._season

Loads of sub-20k gates there until we got near the end of the season and oh look, they're winning again, I'll start going. It's one of many reasons why comparing across clubs doesn't work, it's not a normal industry.

Back