• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
Fucking hell that is absolutely outrageous. What fucking wankers commercial people in football are. They all think they're the bees knees when you could get a chimpanfuckinzee to put prices on everything up once a year and cash the TV money cheques that had fuck all to do with you. Fucking wankers.

Honestly the way I feel about the game I almost want the bubble to burst, it's fucking sickening. We've got no money so fill the bench with twelve year olds and goal keepers but we'll still spend £13m on agents. Just fuck off ya cunts.

You do wonder if it would have been better for everyone if they had they fucked off to the super league a couple of years ago.

Don’t forget to add in the “You’d better pay up or somebody else is waiting for it” tweet

Indeed. Preying on FOMO.

50% increase on renewals compared to last season doesn't tell you much, if only 250 people renewed on day one it means 375 renewed yesterday but the persistent messaging makes people commit. It's no different to pressure selling from door to door sales.

You do wonder if it would have been better for everyone if they had they fucked off to the super league a couple of years ago.

If it was a fuck off, complete cut off, and fuck off for good, I'd be all for it tbh. The game would survive for the 99% and it could provide a massive opportunity for reform

Stoke's season ticket prices haven't changed in 17 years. It's not a question of blaming other clubs or saying we should rip it all up and start again, it's an individual choice by clubs that they all too readily take.

We don't even announce our renewal prices publicly any more. I'll get an email in a few weeks, that'll be it.

Reactions: jlo
Indeed. Preying on FOMO.
That's it really, you know if you don't renew someone else will take your ticket. We don't have 12k waiting to buy one like the club think, but there are probably 3-4k which would replace me. Personally I wouldn't justify paying matchday prices so it's all in or all out. Judging by comments on here most begrudgingly pay until financial or personal circumstances dictate otherwise, which is what Forest fans are doing but without the superfan element we seem to have

As many games are going to general sale, and the south bank is usually sold out until the last few days of returns, I am wondering what value the membership scheme is giving me and whether to renew or not.

When we went down in 2004 we went from 28,864 to 26,620 in 2004/05, 23,624 in 2005/06 and 20,968 in 2006/07

When we went down in 2012 we went from 25,682 (with half the North Bank closed all season, it was 27,696 the year before) to 21,662 in 2012/13, 20,878 in 2013/14 and 22,419 in 2014/15

The odds are that eventually a club our size will go down at some point, we just will. Only this time you've not only got your natural drop off of thousands of people who aren't interested in watching us play Preston and Millwall (unless we're about to win the league), you've also alienated thousands of people who used to pay and go every week regardless when it wasn't cheap but it also wasn't extortionate.

It's a stupid game to play. It's fine until the point at which it isn't fine. What do you even do with prices if we do go down, I doubt they'd hack them so it's ridiculous money for second tier football and its 4 extra games.

I personally haven't decided on next season yet. I can afford it if I want to, but Element B in that equation isn't a given.

I hope they back down, it might make other clubs think about it, but to give perspective their proposed increase behind the goals is still £55 cheaper than we are paying this season20240417_170118.png

Rumours spreading like wildfire that there will be a 12% ST increase coming. I believe if you break it down, that works out at roughly £37 a game behind the goal...

As per the other thread:

D3U4LEG6JNGZZHPPPW33KVCI2E.jpg

Will be over 50% more expensive than I paid in 2018 (when there was a hike because we went up, and I can accept that).

I cannot accept this. Bookmark the post if you like for when I cave (you never know) but I think I'm done. It can be someone else's problem to spend ridiculous money watching Babycham football at Dom Perignon prices.

Delighted I got out when I did.

Sadly not just a Wolves thing, generally the way football is going especially at the top level. Would be nice if we were able to say " we want to be different" instead of "everyone else is doing this" but we won't.

About to hit my first season without a game in a very long time. Amazing how quickly you get out of the habit of going.
Jeff doesn't care about that though

As per the other thread:

D3U4LEG6JNGZZHPPPW33KVCI2E.jpg

Will be over 50% more expensive than I paid in 2018 (when there was a hike because we went up, and I can accept that).

I cannot accept this. Bookmark the post if you like for when I cave (you never know) but I think I'm done. It can be someone else's problem to spend ridiculous money watching Babycham football at Dom Perignon prices.

50% more expensive - yet the wage bill is lower, the net spend in the summer was lower, the quality of football is lower, the excitement is lower, the optimism is lower, the ambition is lower, and the finishing position will be lower

I’ve never even considered not renewing but after the latest VAR farce, an awful performance, little sign of progress from an investment POV then it’s actually entered my thoughts. Last night was a proper 0/10.

Now in all likelihood I will renew, but it isn’t the 100% certainty it was. A lot of it is just pissing me off and the price takes the piss.

I’m all in board for jacking it in, it’s only Cass and Helen talking me into keeping it. I’m paying ridiculous money for something I rarely even bother doing anymore. My ticket gets used but not by me.

I’m all in board for jacking it in, it’s only Cass and Helen talking me into keeping it. I’m paying ridiculous money for something I rarely even bother doing anymore. My ticket gets used but not by me.
I know, I've taken to putting a sticker on your seat just in case you ever come and want to find your seat.

Delighted I got out when I did.

Sadly not just a Wolves thing, generally the way football is going especially at the top level. Would be nice if we were able to say " we want to be different" instead of "everyone else is doing this" but we won't.

About to hit my first season without a game in a very long time. Amazing how quickly you get out of the habit of going.
Jeff doesn't care about that though
Similar, once you find other things to do you don't go back.

When we inevitably get relegated (at some point everyone will if you're not the sky 6) - they won't get the fans back who've stopped

Back