• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
Just sold my ticket back to the club for the Chelsea game and got an email through within about half an hour saying that the ticket had been purchased which is great obviously.

However I can now only withdraw the money during a window (27/12 - 2/1) and the funds will clear into my account a minimum of 15 working days after the closure of that window.

Why?

What possible reason would there be for such a simple transaction to take so long?

Just sold my ticket back to the club for the Chelsea game and got an email through within about half an hour saying that the ticket had been purchased which is great obviously.

However I can now only withdraw the money during a window (27/12 - 2/1) and the funds will clear into my account a minimum of 15 working days after the closure of that window.

Why?

What possible reason would there be for such a simple transaction to take so long?
It will be because they don't release the funds until the game has happened.

If the Chelsea game is called off and they have paid you but you want to use your ST for the rearranged game, you can't as you don't own the seat anymore for that specific game. I sold my Watford ticket a few years back and Covid saw the game called off. As they hadn't paid out, I had my seat for the rearranged game and the person who purchased it got given a ticket elsewhere in the stadium. (although the club did panic a little bit and had nothing in place to cover this happening)

Are they saying you have between the 27th and 2nd to request the money or you lose it or the money will be sent within that period?

1st way makes no sense, so surely not. 2nd way will simply be down to whoever is processing the payment and the dates they have given the club. Obviously you lose the 24th/25th/26th as payment days as they won't process a thing on a Sunday or Bank Holidays.

I would be amazed if you are sat on the 10th January and you are still waiting for the money

It will be because they don't release the funds until the game has happened.

If the Chelsea game is called off and they have paid you but you want to use your ST for the rearranged game, you can't as you don't own the seat anymore for that specific game. I sold my Watford ticket a few years back and Covid saw the game called off. As they hadn't paid out, I had my seat for the rearranged game and the person who purchased it got given a ticket elsewhere in the stadium. (although the club did panic a little bit and had nothing in place to cover this happening)

Are they saying you have between the 27th and 2nd to request the money or you lose it or the money will be sent within that period?

1st way makes no sense, so surely not. 2nd way will simply be down to whoever is processing the payment and the dates they have given the club. Obviously you lose the 24th/25th/26th as payment days as they won't process a thing on a Sunday or Bank Holidays.

I would be amazed if you are sat on the 10th January and you are still waiting for the money

If I don't request the money during that window it goes into my Wolves cash balance.

If I don't request the money during that window it goes into my Wolves cash balance.
Crafty fuckers

Can defend all the other stuff but giving you a week to get the £ is a bit shit, surely the best way to proceed is to ask when you put the ticket up for sale that you want cash or Wolves cash. The ghost of Vinny still lingers around the club then

How long did Covid cancelled Europa League games take?
Different thing though wasn't it. I got my money back from the Olympiacos game as soon as they said I could claim it. That was sorted in days with the usual "can take x amount of days to arrive" but it arrived in 2 or 3

They kicked the can down to road on those who decided to keep it as the club said "use it against another Cup game" but then constantly decided that a Cup game we had wasn't suitable as they were charging £15 or £20 and the ticket was worth £30 (or something like that).
I know they gave up in the end and some used it towards the cost of the ST.

Different thing though wasn't it. I got my money back from the Olympiacos game as soon as they said I could claim it. That was sorted in days with the usual "can take x amount of days to arrive" but it arrived in 2 or 3

They kicked the can down to road on those who decided to keep it as the club said "use it against another Cup game" but then constantly decided that a Cup game we had wasn't suitable as they were charging £15 or £20 and the ticket was worth £30 (or something like that).
I know they gave up in the end and some used it towards the cost of the ST.
I got a refund in the end and they were prompt about it but they did try that Cup ticket nonsense for a while.

Just out of interest, how long is the wait for season ticket applications?

You can't really put a figure on it. We're at 100% (or near enough) now in terms of how many STs we're allowed to sell (you're obliged to cap it at a certain percentage of capacity). So they only open up when someone dies or doesn't renew. Then it works down the waiting list, which I think stands at 10,000 or so but plenty of people do say no and so it moves to the next guy and so on and so on until someone says yes. What should change is that once you've said no then you lose your place in the queue, rather than holding it forever until the mythical day where you want one, you can afford one, it represents value of sorts and Wolves are good enough for you to bother. Because that day will probably never come if you've said no every single year since 2018.

Took me 4 years to get offered. Applied with Nuno, got stuck with Lage.

The flawed system also locks people in, maybe by design. I genuinely had to think long and hard about renewing under Lage as I simply wasn't enjoying the football at all on any level, it's miserable going to watch a team you know are shit under a manager you know is awful. But the alternative was giving it up and going right to the back of the queue as and when I wanted to come back. And I knew I'd outlast Cone Boy.

Took me 4 years to get offered. Applied with Nuno, got stuck with Lage.
Reminds me of when my mate and his family applied to go on Family Fortunes years ago when it was prime time and hosted by Les Dennis. By the time they were accepted it had moved to a teatime slot with Andy Collins hosting

The flawed system also locks people in, maybe by design. I genuinely had to think long and hard about renewing under Lage as I simply wasn't enjoying the football at all on any level, it's miserable going to watch a team you know are shit under a manager you know is awful. But the alternative was giving it up and going right to the back of the queue as and when I wanted to come back. And I knew I'd outlast Cone Boy.
Pretty much what I’m doing, I don’t make the vast majority of games lately for one or two reasons but I’ll keep buying my ticket because at some point (soon I hope) I’ll be back to every game. Give up the ticket now and I won’t have one when I can make the games again.

Back