• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
But your ST cost per game isn't that bad is it (close to ok in the current football climate...a climate that is out of sync with real life mind).

If someone is happy or prepared to pay £60+ to watch Wolves then they are idiots and allow Vinny & Jeff to justify the stupid pricing.

Some people love their club and will pay whatever it takes but it doesn't justify it, they're being greedy.

Some people love their club and will pay whatever it takes but it doesn't justify it, they're being greedy.
It does justify it, not to us but them and yes they are being greedy, because they can be

"You say it's too high but not one empty seat...so people are fine with the pricing"

I love the club but I doubt I will buy one ticket for a home PL game next season.

I didn't stop going because of Fosun. My decision was based on a weird struggle I have with football at the moment but 100% Fosun are stopping me from returning.

It does justify it, not to us but them and yes they are being greedy, because they can be

"You say it's too high but not one empty seat...so people are fine with the pricing"

I love the club but I doubt I will buy one ticket for a home PL game next season.

I didn't stop going because of Fosun. My decision was based on a weird struggle I have with football at the moment but 100% Fosun are stopping me from returning.
Yeah but like I say that's flawed thinking when it only takes a few things to go wrong and then the club needs all those people that it's pissed off, some of them won't come back.

Yeah but like I say that's flawed thinking when it only takes a few things to go wrong and then the club needs all those people that it's pissed off, some of them won't come back.
So all in agreement then.

At least if we go down we can compare ourselves to Sheff Wed on pricing

My decision was based on a weird struggle I have with football at the moment but 100% Fosun are stopping me from returning.
Thought it might have been with Doc coming back, you didn't want to listen to me going on for hours about him every week again :D

I dunno. I still very much enjoy going to the game (now I don't have to watch Lage's football anyway), I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it (I know others cannot and I would never belittle that) and I know all I'd be likely doing if I didn't renew is costing myself more time and money. But I know they're absolutely ripping the piss and it's not a nice feeling.

I prefer watching at home now but the odd game where some of my family go and always end up in Steve Bull I won't pay those prices to sit like a sardine

It just needs the fans to say no and leave empty seats.

Until that happens they will keep pushing the prices up.
Plenty will moan but plenty will still pay up.

At this rate if we get relegated Vinny and Co will class a price freeze in the Championship as positive PR.
Fosun will find out very quickly what a 5k attendance will look like if that happens

That fat fucking sack of spunk Vinny will be the first out of the door when new owners get in and Fosun sell us for a pittance if we're relegated.

He's exactly the type of cunt who is reviled at the office for being a piece of shit.

The plan seems to be to appeal to a lot of infrequent visitors who will “treat” themselves two or three times a season and spend a few quid in the club shop. More memberships, more scarves sold. It’s a very high risk strategy and incredibly short term in nature. The extra revenue the increases will bring in is a pittance in the grand scheme of things. Hard to think we’re approaching a sixth season in the PL and there’s such a poor vibe about the club.

Last edited:
It's getting to the point where personally, we can just about afford season tickets spread over a season.

Once we give those up as the costs will inevitably rise, I won't be spending £50-60 a game, with the kids tickets on top.

I enjoy my motorsport, a day watching the British Touring Cars or British GT champs is £33, with under 13's going free.

For the BTCC that gets you 3 Touring car races through the day, plus at least 4 other support races, with track action from 10am til 5pm.

Football is rotten.

The plan seems to be to appeal to a lot of infrequent visitors who will “treat” themselves two or three times a season and spend a few quid in the club shop. More memberships, more scarves sold. It’s a very high risk strategy and incredibly short term in nature. The extra revenue the increases will bring in is a pittance in the grand scheme of things. .
Works well, if you're Manchester United (or any of the big 6).

Only issue for Wolves is the strategy entirely depends on winning trophies consistently. It's pretty hard to attract infrequent visitors to a team that flirts with relegation.

Works well, if you're Manchester United (or any of the big 6).

Only issue for Wolves is the strategy entirely depends on winning trophies consistently. It's pretty hard to attract infrequent visitors to a team that flirts with relegation.
Exactly. Going forward such fans are unlikely to want a season ticket.

The plan seems to be to appeal to a lot of infrequent visitors who will “treat” themselves two or three times a season and spend a few quid in the club shop. More memberships, more scarves sold. It’s a very high risk strategy and incredibly short term in nature. The extra revenue the increases will bring in is a pittance in the grand scheme of things. Hard to think we’re approaching a sixth season in the PL and there’s such a poor vibe about the club.
What defines “a lot” I don’t think we have too many fans you could call “glory hunters”

We do have a strange fan base through. There are plenty of fans round by me in the South Bank that will fork out hundreds on season tickets, only to arrive late, then spend most of the time at the bar. For games where they don’t attend their seats remain empty (not complaining, as I often have no-one stood next to me for a quarter of the season)

Last edited:
E&S going with an extremely insightful and informative headline that as a result of price rises, fans likely to attend less games this season.
Cutting edge journalism.

What defines “a lot” I don’t think we have too many fans you could call “glory hunters”

We do have a strange fan base through. There are plenty of fans round by me in the South Bank that will fork out hundreds on season tickets, only to arrive late, then spend most of the time at the bar. For games where they don’t attend their seats remain empty (not complaining, as I often have no-one stood next to me for a quarter of the season)
I’m not sure what a lot is but at the new prices I’m guessing going to a game becomes a treat rather than a regular thing for some people. There must be thousands of families with at least one child who supports Wolves who will want to attend regularly but can only afford to do so occasionally. The club will sell out most games to such people but the moment the ST waiting list evaporates into thin air and getting tickets becomes easy fans can pick and choose and then crowds will drop and very quickly and the extra gained by the price increases will be lost many times over.

It doesn’t feel like much of a treat when the price is a complete rip off. So what tends to happen is ex STHs look at the individual match prices and sack the whole fucking thing off. And most of them don’t come back.

That’s the loyal fan base being eroded.

I’m one of those 3-5 games a year supporters that helps plug the gaps by buying returns and probably contributes to the illusion of the board that everything is rosy in the garden.

I couldn’t commit to a ST time-wise even if I wanted to and even occasional games have introduced a cost consideration that never existed previously. I dropped the membership a couple of years back as (in my circumstances) was bringing no benefit and added considerably to the overall cost of each individual ticket.

It’s a very risky strategy pricing out bedrock support by extrapolating the visits of occasional supporters into an eagerness to fill those voids.

Last edited:
Memberships will end up ceasing to have value unless they make it membership or no purchase no matter your purchase history, which would seem to discourage Lars from Aarhus.

Back