• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed (A) Build-Up

Walsall v Portvale, currently being shown, completes the '10 in 10'.

On the basis that we seem incapable of defending properly for the full game at the moment would rather see us having a go at attacking them which means 2 up top (Afobe & ALF) & Edwards not there to start

Not going to comment on the Henry situation as couldn't watch either of the recent Sky games, whilst comments here are split the majority seem to indicate that he has not been playing that well. Byrne was brought back off loan, but if we are not going to put him on the pitch then he may as well have stayed there.

Still, not expecting much today so that I do not get disappointed.

Henry and Edwards aren't the reason we lost last time.

Easy targets for the mob.

Sorry but that's how it feels at the moment.
+1
Easiest targets get the wrath Price gets a free ride "short pass, hide and point out the pass for the receiving player".
Ikeme, Batth and EEL have been ordinary lately. Shape with Edwards is wrong but Edwards ain't the manager. Henry gets unrelenting stick but when you cross to one or two players in the box against 5 or 6 defenders it has to be perfect.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I don't blame Henry or Edwards for any defeat unless they do something like score an own goal or get sent off. I blame the manager for choosing Henry who needs to be dropped because he is not playing to his full potential, and usually comes good after getting dropped for a few starts. Edwards again should not be an automatic start, we have others players such as Bryne, Wallace, Afobe the list goes on, who have more technical ability and would be more effectively in that roll he is being asked to do. I'm sure if Jacobs had been given the amount of starts Edwards has before he was sold he would of been better in the position, but we'll never know. Although it was too late against Leeds Bryne was much bigger threat than Henry had been the whole game, and who knows what a real number 10 could do instead of Edwards. Edwards would be the sort of player I'd love to see come on for 10-15 mins lots of running and energy towards the end of a game, something we seem to lack every game after about half an hour.

Edwards would be the sort of player I'd love to see come on for 10-15 mins lots of running and energy towards the end of a game, something we seem to lack every game after about half an hour.

Precisely the kind of role we had him in during our Jan-May run last year where we averaged nearly two points a game. Start the odd game where we genuinely needed the extra man in midfield, the rest of the time coming off the bench. Ideal. That is his role, not as an automatic starter in an incredibly pivotal position for which he has none of the required attributes.

Ikeme; Iorfa, Batth (c), Ebanks-Landell, Doherty; McDonald, Price, Byrne, Henry, Graham; Afobe

SUBS | McCarey, Golbourne, Edwards, Wallace, Coady, Holt, Le Fondre.

Matchday thread open.

Doherty in at LB then. Surprised, as felt Golbourne has been playing the best for a while. That said, back 4 definitely needed changing. Doherty has done ok at LB before, so I'm not averse.
Byrne for Edwards. Do we reckon he's on the right & Henry in the #10 role then?

+1
Easiest targets get the wrath Price gets a free ride "short pass, hide and point out the pass for the receiving player".
Ikeme, Batth and EEL have been ordinary lately. Shape with Edwards is wrong but Edwards ain't the manager. Henry gets unrelenting stick but when you cross to one or two players in the box against 5 or 6 defenders it has to be perfect.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Price has been doing well to be fair, kmac gets a lot of slack from people IMO.
I just want players to be treated fairly, and clearly that's not the case.
Henry looks better when he comes infield so I understand that.

Doherty at left back. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Doherty played well at left back vs Bournemouth last season, probably the best game he's had for us ..

If we lose today would the pressure on Jackett be at boiling point that much to force a sacking before Turkey day ?

If we lose today would the pressure on Jackett be at boiling point that much to force a sacking before Turkey day ?

I think the Brighton game will seal his fate if he doesn't win any of the four from now till then (Sheffield Wed, Reading, Charlton and Brighton). However, win one of them and that'll keep things going for another month.

We will win one of the games by default. Why should mediocrity mean he keeps his job? We need to be showing Improvement and not continue to serve up the same dross.

(I know you are stating what will happen, rather than what you suggest)

I agree with you PW, but you're preaching to the choir. Moxey hasn't the balls to sack KJ.

Back