• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed (A) Build-Up

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Forlorn hope of us finally putting out a team not containing Edwards. You never know.

Ikeme and EEL don't deserve to stay in the team, nor Batth arguably, we don't have any viable replacements though. Going with switching EEL away from the middle, which is a marginally better choice than picking Doherty.

---------------------Ikeme-----------------------------

EEL------------Batth-------------Iorfa-------------Golbourne

Byrne----------Price-------------McDonald--------Graham

-----------------Afobe------------Le Fondre----------------

2014/15: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (H)
2012/13: W 1-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2008/9: W 4-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2007/8: W 2-1 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2006/7: D 2-2 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2005/6: L 1-3 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2002/3: D 2-2 (H), W 4-0 (A)
2001/2: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1999/0: D 1-1 (A, FAC), D 0-0 (H, FAC, lost on pens)
1994/5: D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 1-1 (H, FAC, won on pens)

How I expect Kenny Jackett to go with selection.

--------------------------Ikeme-----------------------------

Iorfa------------Batth-------------EEL-------------Golbourne

Byrne----------Coady-------------McDonald--------Graham

-----------------Afobe------------Le Fondre

After Price's performance yesterday, dropping him would be beyond insane.

I think we'll win. We went there after our shite November last year and won and we have a particularly good record against them. It'll paper over the cracks so the misery can continue.

That said I thought the same about Bristol City away.

I wouldn't play Iorfa as centre half at all. The kid for his size doesn't dominate in the air enough and isn't strong enough for me. He would get battered by any tall centre forward.

One fixture that is usually penned in the diary. However I refuse to be mugged by Sheff Wed (it's bad enough being mugged by Wolves tbf) and I have to drive to Edinburgh on Sunday too.

From the BBC:

TEAM NEWS

Sheffield Wednesday defender Michael Turner and midfielder Alex Lopez have both suffered knee and thigh injuries respectively and will miss out.

Midfielder Sam Hutchinson is fit, while striker Lucas Joao and midfielders Jose Semedo and Lewis McGugan are all pushing for recalls.

Wolves midfielder Kevin McDonald has suffered an ankle injury and is rated 50-50 by boss Kenny Jackett.

Kortney Hause (hamstring) and Emi Martinez (thigh) remain sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

Sheffield Wednesday have failed to score in their last five league clashes with Wolves (D1 L4).
Wolves have won seven and lost none of their last 10 league encounters with the Owls.
After losing once in 11 games, Wednesday are winless in four Championship fixtures (D3 L1).
Wolves have scored just three times in the second half of away games this season, with none of those goals coming in the last half hour.
The Owls are unbeaten in seven home league games, winning four and drawing three.
Wolves' last three goals in the league have all been assisted by Jordan Graham.

Last time we lost to them was when Gyepes' knee exploded and that prick Hoddle wouldn't let him come off.

Haven't lost there since 1964.

Hillsborough has been a happy hunting ground for Wolves, and hopefully that will continue. But we need to defend a lot better than we did last night.

775 tickets sold. Thanks to three things the time of year, Wolves are shit and Sheffield Wednesdays wank pricing structure. Has to be the lowest away support to Hillsborough in my lifetime.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (again). Until we get rid of Jackett and start playing football, again.

775 tickets sold. Thanks to three things the time of year, Wolves are $#@! and Sheffield Wednesdays $#@! pricing structure. Has to be the lowest away support to Hillsborough in my lifetime.

I'm one who always goes to Hillsborough, but I'm boycotting this on principle. I refuse to pay over £30 for Championship football. Charlton on the 28th is £22 and £1 for my lad, so doing that instead.

If Wed watched the game last night they'll go at us and we'll fall apart again. 2-0 to them

Fair play guys. I don't do aways at the moment (for myriad reasons) but someone needs to make a stand. Their prices are a disgrace.

Fair play guys. I don't do aways at the moment (for myriad reasons) but someone needs to make a stand. Their prices are a disgrace.

I haven't gone to any away game that's remotely £30 or more until I got Brighton tickets, and that's only because I have never been to the Amex. I was going to do Charlton but I though the fact that it'll be my last time and well Wulfs last time at The Boleyn so I'm doing West Ham instead and its only £20 so fair fucks.

We have the quality in our side to grab a sixth place. Even now.

We are missing a leader/organiser at the back. They have to be able to play too.

This player isn't there (and it isn't Stearman either) so play to strengths.

For me Coady, Mac and Price in midfield
Graham, Afobe and ALF working triangles ahead of them.

The E&S have McDonald down as an injury doubt for tomorrow. If he doesn't play/start, who should partner Price?

Honestly think I'd rather put Coady in alongside Batth, and keep Iorfa at rightback, than shunt EEL out there or (shudder) Doherty.

But if McDonald's injured I don't see us having much choice in playing Coady in his place there, although I wouldn't be surprised if Jackett went for a 442 with a Price-Edwards pair in the middle and Henry given instructions to tuck in and provide extra support.

... and yet Jackett has often said how he wont play Coady and Price together. Maybe he'll drop Price, play Coady and Edwards down there, move Henry to the #10 slot, play Byrne on the right and bring Ojo on for ~ 15 minutes at the end (to the undoubted amusement of Wallace).

Or maybe he'll play either Coady/Edwards on the right :eek:hnoes:

Back