• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed (H); The "Thank god it's nearly over" build up thread

Fleeting moments, the majority of the 90's was just disappointment. Such high hopes and so many failures, I agree that it was more exciting though, also being the same age as you life was a lot more fun then too.

Is it just me or was football better in 1995? Or, at least supporting Wolves seemed to be. Also the FA cup seemed to mean something to everyone too. Shame really. Perhaps it's my age. I would have been 15 at the time.

I think it was more exciting simply because of the ambition of the chairman at the time and the hope that things would get better, I seem to remember that year we were good going forward but very leaky at the back.
Should have reached the play off final that year had it not been for Shilton playing a blinder for Bolton in the first leg of the semi final.

I think it was more exciting simply because of the ambition of the chairman at the time and the hope that things would get better, I seem to remember that year we were good going forward but very leaky at the back.
Should have reached the play off final that year had it not been for Shilton playing a blinder for Bolton in the first leg of the semi final.
Well we can all reminisce about this season how we were crap going forward, and after a slow start built a 0-0 record breaking defence. Deep joy.

No pace in midfield and 4 centre halves in the team. If social media existed then this line up would be destroyed. I cannot remember, but is this a 532 with Paul Blades nominally at wing back?

WOLVES:Jones, Blades (Mills 90), Thompson, Emblen, De Wolf, Law, Rankine (Bennett 117), Kelly, Goodman, Cowans, Dennison. Sub: De Bont.

I think Wolves fans will bask in the sunshine today and there will be huge mirth if we fashion a scoring opportunity. Small mercies and all that.

On the train to Wolves, full of Geordies who've been on the vodka since 6ish and now we have a cohort of Sheff wed fans smashing down guiness. Dreams.

What time does the Western open?

It's ok, I've answered my own question!

No pace in midfield and 4 centre halves in the team. If social media existed then this line up would be destroyed. I cannot remember, but is this a 532 with Paul Blades nominally at wing back?

WOLVES:Jones, Blades (Mills 90), Thompson, Emblen, De Wolf, Law, Rankine (Bennett 117), Kelly, Goodman, Cowans, Dennison. Sub: De Bont.

Seem to remember we averaged about 4-5 injuries weekly that season.

Seem to remember we averaged about 4-5 injuries weekly that season.
Yes it was the obvious ones missing from that line up are Stowell, Venus, Bully, Froggatt, Daley and Thomas although the latter two I don't think you can really count, a bit like when the E&S list Boukari as one of our injuries now.

Completely forgot that we were playing today. Enjoy the beer & sunshine lads, hopefully you get to see a goal this time.

Back