• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Should Jeff Shi do one?

Should Shi go?

• No

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
Don't be so melodramatic. You've got Sheff Utd actively selling their best players and signing no one, Luton who look absolutely crap and everyone else who finished below us last season. It'd take a really poor manager to take this side down.
I think O’Neil take this group of players down. He’s rubbish.

I don't think he'll get near enough the end of the season to do it. Genuinely think you're looking at Frank de Boer/Les Reed length of tenure.

We'll fuck up and try to fix it later when the whole world can see that it's a crap idea to start with. Just like last summer when we retained Dorkus Malorkus for no reason.

I don't think he'll get near enough the end of the season to do it. Genuinely think you're looking at Frank de Boer/Les Reed length of tenure.

We'll fuck up and try to fix it later when the whole world can see that it's a crap idea to start with. Just like last summer when we retained Dorkus Malorkus for no reason.
Possibly, but even then who do we get? Last guy who came in to firefight got lied to multiple times...

Once O'Neil fucks up and is Sacked, wolves then have to Compensate.

Then get someone who is half way competent, and out of work, no one on this fucking planet would leave a Job to work for these liars

I don't care if it takes a year for Fosun to sell the club, in that case the sooner they start the process/find a buyer the better.

Holding out hope they're going to retire Shi and replace him with someone competent is the only other solution, and relies on them being competent too. We haven't seem any proof of that.

Once O'Neil fucks up and is Sacked, wolves then have to Compensate.
Then get someone who is half way competent,
and out of work,
no one on this fucking planet
would leave a Job to work for these liars
eminem-rap.gif

Still doesn't change the fact they lied to him. And then again.

Evidently we aren't making any further additions so we're left with just Toti as our back up centre back, and a lack of depth in the wide areas.

They’re frankly making themselves look like basket case owners.
The fact remains any fans with any reasonable knowledge of top flight football in this country can see what’s coming.
Don’t back Lop, he leaves, appoint O’Neill and find ourselves in deep shit by December.

Still doesn't change the fact they lied to him. And then again.

Evidently we aren't making any further additions so we're left with just Toti as our back up centre back, and a lack of depth in the wide areas.
No Fosun defending on my part, my friend (other than railing against morons pretending they've been a disaster from start to finish and forgetting everything that happened between 2017 and 2020, so entitled and spoiled).

Lopetegui didn't perform miracles though and he's also handled this terribly.

Don't know enough about him to say whether this is true. Kept Bournemouth up but they were near the bottom of every metric so would suggest it was lucky, however Bournemouth were fucking dogshit and had very little talent in that side so it's quite difficult to judge.

Sample size is too small for me to make any real judgement.

interested if you have any better insight, I know you do a bit of coaching stuff so maybe you've heard stuff?

No Fosun defending on my part, my friend (other than railing against morons pretending they've been a disaster from start to finish and forgetting everything that happened between 2017 and 2020, so entitled and spoiled).

Hmm, not far off though. We were absolutely dreadful and getting cut adrift. He's even agreed to 'Plan B' in his words and had that pulled.

I agree about his part in this - he's taken a big risk if he has walked. Having had at least two other PL clubs interested him at the end of last season, I doubt they would go for him now.

He's just nowhere near top of my list to be angry at, whereas I'm seeing some on twitter giving it the 'I never warmed to him/never fancied you anyway' rubbish.

Don't be so melodramatic. You've got Sheff Utd actively selling their best players and signing no one, Luton who look absolutely crap and everyone else who finished below us last season. It'd take a really poor manager to take this side down.
In a world of no injuries or suspensions then I'd agree, we aren't many off Joe Hodge and Alfie Pond starting games though or something horrific like Doherty at centre half. A good manager would probably navigate that a bad one won't though. We are trusting to luck

Lop playing the woe me card won’t win to much sympathy will walk away with a nice pay check and go back to somewhere sunny to mull over his options.
Reading between the lines he has a lot of arrogance and I’m pretty certain believes he’s doing us a favour being here.
Dropping any club and the players you’ve worked with 6 days before the season is a shit show. Do it earlier or much later now is about as bad as you could time it.
Having said all that I proportion no more than about 15% of the blame on his shoulders. The rest is on Fosun, nevertheless Lop won’t get a round of applause from me if he ever returns with another club.

Don't know enough about him to say whether this is true. Kept Bournemouth up but they were near the bottom of every metric so would suggest it was lucky, however Bournemouth were fucking dogshit and had very little talent in that side so it's quite difficult to judge.

Sample size is too small for me to make any real judgement.

interested if you have any better insight, I know you do a bit of coaching stuff so maybe you've heard stuff?
No more insight than anyone else about him and the bit in bold is fair but it's literally the only evidence we have on him - and they were fucking awful in no small part to his tactical ability. I know a few Bournemouth fans who couldn't stand him.

He's just nowhere near top of my list to be angry at, whereas I'm seeing some on twitter giving it the 'I never warmed to him/never fancied you anyway' rubbish.
I'm on a Twitter/X hiatus, partly as Melon Husk is a cunt, partly as our fans absolutely do my head in every year at this time.

Lopetegui did a good job but he's more Kenny Jackett than Nuno Espirito Santo at this point.

I have not seen anyone saying they have been.
Up until now, they have done well for Wolves. Now they are turning it into a shit fest

Bang goes my 3 from 3 chances on this thread. FFS

In a world of no injuries or suspensions then I'd agree, we aren't many off Joe Hodge and Alfie Pond starting games though or something horrific like Doherty at centre half. A good manager would probably navigate that a bad one won't though. We are trusting to luck
Struggling to think who I would put in if we're down to 4th-string CB. Maybe Lemina, definitely not Doc..and Johnny has played their before? Yikes.

Back