• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Should Jeff Shi do one?

Should Shi go?

• No

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
Something strange is happening, been in China for weeks and not coming back until the end of the month. Not involved in either the Lopetegui departure discussions or the O'Neil appointment ones. New manager hasn't even spoken to him.Now he may have something personal going on in his life, but if not either it's a sign of the Accountant's Fosun disinterest or they are sidelining him for other reasons. For all the reasons discussed over the years I don't like him, but his disengagement is a concern for the health of the club

Is it possible they've quietly given the reigns to Hobbs as a psuedo-DoF?

I don't have a feeling on whether or not that would be good or bad, but I can imagine Shi getting fed up and saying "fuck this, someone else deal with it".

Is it possible they've quietly given the reigns to Hobbs as a psuedo-DoF?

I don't have a feeling on whether or not that would be good or bad, but I can imagine Shi getting fed up and saying "fuck this, someone else deal with it".
Let's make Shi the owner in this situation. Can you imagine another not having a discussion with the new manager. Tottenham have has DoF, would they have appointed someone without Levy talking to them?

Let's make Shi the owner in this situation. Can you imagine another not having a discussion with the new manager. Tottenham have has DoF, would they have appointed someone without Levy talking to them?
It's bizarre no matter how you slice it, there's no doubt about that.

If Guo's unhappy with Jeff (and why wouldn't he be, if he's paying attention), I can also imagine our CEO getting a remit of "just deal with the fucking money and let someone else handle the stuff you clearly can't". Again, though, pure speculation.

Much as I'm trying to stay positive, it does feel as though we're teetering on the precipice of... something. Not a clue what it will be, though.

One things for sure, the favourite song of the South Bank at the end of last season ain’t gonna be heard again.

Maybe they’re negotiating in a new investor or full sale :)
(obviously not - just giving myself hope for a second)!

They have been negotiating for an investor for ages. However “please give us millions without any shareholding or decision-making influence whatsoever” is a bit of a shit pitch.

yep, was just following Tony’s post as a straw clutch as to why Jeff’s not in UK. realistically you wouldn’t employ a new manager on a 3 year deal if you were about to complete something. nor swap out an ex Real and National manager for someone just starting out.

I suppose the manager contract could include a break clause in the event of a sale.

It wouldn’t need it. New owner piling über millions is not going to be short of a bob or two to sack an incumbent manager to bring in their own man. Happens all the time.

It wouldn’t need it. New owner piling über millions is not going to be short of a bob or two to sack an incumbent manager to bring in their own man. Happens all the time.
I get that, but please don’t encourage an extra straw clutch, it’s not the hope that kills you, it’s the disappointment.

Exactly what happened to GO at Bournemouth. Can only hope lightning strikes again.

Didn't i read that the smug-faced cunt hired a bodyguard when he was in Wolverhampton ?

Figures that he's hiding away in China.

.... been in China for weeks and not coming back until the end of the month. Not involved in either the Lopetegui departure discussions or the O'Neil appointment ones. New manager hasn't even spoken to him.
Can you confirm this?
I'm certain they have phones, email, texting and Zoom.
The airwaves might have been thick with stuff...

Can you confirm this?
I'm certain they have phones, email, texting and Zoom.
The airwaves might have been thick with stuff...

Been confirmed by Johnny Phillips et al that Shi and O'Neil have had zero contact thus far.

Been confirmed by Johnny Phillips et al that Shi and O'Neil have had zero contact thus far.
Wow!
I'd have thought that Shi would have been communicating throughout the demise of Lop though....
Though, who knows?
What a weird club. Sounds like its run like a corner shop!

Back