• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Should Jeff Shi do one?

Should Shi go?

• No

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
I can understand the angst towards Jeff, not sure (apart from employing jeff) what Fosun have done wrong upto this point.

I can understand the angst towards Jeff, not sure (apart from employing jeff) what Fosun have done wrong upto this point.
Erm what?

You think Jeff had control of the budget and strategy at Molineux?

Yeah, as much as a lot of the responsibility falls on Jeff, he's still a mouthpiece for Guo/Fosun. Shit like the letter and general info released to fans is all on him though.

Jeff is in position as fosun's mouthpiece.
His staying or going will be a fosun choice, and what the fans say or do will have absolutely no relevance.
Personally i think fosun may swap him for someone else before the end of this year, to deflect some criticism if things are going tits up.

Fosun doesn't run the club though, Jeff does. He's the CEO. All the finances and signings go through his approval.

His budget surely comes from Wolves revenues. And occasionally he goes cap in hand to the parent company and Guo for funds.

A CEO is firstly beholden to his shareholders. We are 100% Fosun owned. On top of that he is a Fosun employee.

Erm what?

You think Jeff had control of the budget and strategy at Molineux?
Upto now I believe Fosun have backed us most transfer windows, is it their fault the dickheads we've had spending the cash have wasted it?

Upto now I believe Fosun have backed us most transfer windows, is it their fault the dickheads we've had spending the cash have wasted it?
Whose players did they waste it on? Whose edict was it to funnel business via that agent? Why was that? Shi overplayed his part, particularly with things like the generational talent shit and building a team of yes men to support him, but ultimately he was following instruction and still is

Last edited:
Whose players did they waste in on? Whose edict was it to funnel business via that agent? Why was that? Shi overplayed his part, particularly with things like he generational talent shit and building a team of yes men to support him, but ultimately he was following instruction and still is
The Mendes relationship has definitely taken a turn, but given some of the successful clients of his that have come through here, I can understand a certain amount of trust being built between Jorge and the club (which he was no doubt very comfortable exploiting).

I do think (hope?) that Hobbs has taken some of that weight away from Mendes.

The Mendes relationship has definitely taken a turn, but given some of the successful clients of his that have come through here, I can understand a certain amount of trust being built between Jorge and the club (which he was no doubt very comfortable exploiting).

I do think (hope?) that Hobbs has taken some of that weight away from Mendes.
That's not difficult when we spent £100m on players he's associated with in the last year meaning we can't/won't spend money on any now. Of our 2 freebies he's the agent of one

I’ve said before Jeff is here until
He’s sacked,
He retires,
He dies,
Fosun sell up,
He’s doing what Fosun ask him to do, Fosun appear to be happy with him and the way he’s running the club

That's not difficult when we spent £100m on players he's associated with in the last year meaning we can't/won't spend money on any now. Of our 2 freebies he's the agent of one
Quick look puts this number close to 75m (pedantry) but entirely spent on just two players: Guedes and Nunes.

Guedes, okay, we know the deal there. Nunes has something about him even if he can't figure out what it is.

Just those 2 + Doc since last summer, as far as I can tell.

Quick look puts this number close to 75m (pedantry) but entirely spent on just two players: Guedes and Nunes.

Guedes, okay, we know the deal there. Nunes has something about him even if he can't figure out what it is.

Just those 2 + Doc since last summer, as far as I can tell.
He did the Cunha deal

Back