• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Should Jeff Shi do one?

Should Shi go?

• No

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
The corner shop in my village takes exception to this comment.
Yes, yes, of course!
Apologies to all concerned...
Let's see then, Our 'great' club is run like a Flour mill in Vladivostok in the 1930's...
Bit dictatorish and an undermanager who's lost the instructions...

Wow!
I'd have thought that Shi would have been communicating throughout the demise of Lop though....
Though, who knows?
What a weird club. Sounds like its run like a corner shop!

If you read Johnny Phillips' article on the E&S from last Friday (I think) it's really interesting. Sounds like pretty much every manager we've had has been dismissed because of a breakdown in communication with Shi - Nuno and Lop being the obvious standouts. He says there's a real need for the club to have a 'middle man' between the executive and the head coach.

I suppose that will likely be Hobbs moving forwards as O'Neil is very much his man.

That needs addressing. I mean, since fosun took over we have only had 2 managers last beyond 12 months, one of whom was, fort the majority of his tenure, untouchable.
People have mocked watford for their managerial merry go round, but the fact that so many have been such short term appts/left rather quickly is very suggestive.

That needs addressing. I mean, since fosun took over we have only had 2 managers last beyond 12 months, one of whom was, fort the majority of his tenure, untouchable.
People have mocked watford for their managerial merry go round, but the fact that so many have been such short term appts/left rather quickly is very suggestive.
We haven't quite been on a par with Watford but since Fosun took over we've had Zenga, Lambert, Nuno, Lage, Lopetegui and O'Neil. Not going to count Jackett as he was the incumbent when they became owners, but theoretically you could also count him, nor the caretaker when Lage was sacked (I can't even remember his name, how bad is that!?) I think when you consider Nuno was here for 5 years that's a pretty damning indictment of their running of the club if you ask me.

Yes, and at least two of those managers have been frustrated by poor communication/lack thereof. It mostly surprises me with Nuno as he had a lot of credit in the bank.

So no money for transfers, clearly no money for a decent managerial search. Not big on Hobbs, as it remains to be seen if he's anything more than a rubber stamp himself, but no wonder with only 10 days or so to find an affordable and available manager he landed on GON.

Next question is who ghost-authored the Shi letter?

Wow!
I'd have thought that Shi would have been communicating throughout the demise of Lop though....
Though, who knows?
What a weird club. Sounds like its run like a corner shop!
Who remembers the weird footage of Shi signing Hwang?

What other CEO gets involved with announcing players?

A good CEO is like a good referee in my opinion, the less you notice them, the better...for everyone.

A good CEO is like a good referee in my opinion, the less you notice them, the better...for everyone.
Shi got himself involved with every transfer announcement until Lop arrived. Infact the last public thing he did was greet Lopetegui as he arrived at Compton.

I remember the halcyon days of Rupert Hayward introducing Seol (who didn't speak a word of English at the time) on the pitch. Hard to wonder which one had less of a clue what was going on.

I remember the halcyon days of Rupert Hayward introducing Seol (who didn't speak a word of English at the time) on the pitch. Hard to wonder which one had less of a clue what was going on.
Lol, by Rupert you mean Rick right?

Rupert may have been a more apt name for the toffee nosed charlatan though.

Jeff's back and will be at the game tomorrow and meeting GO for the first time though they have communicated via email

I really hope he’s not sat behind me.

Back