• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Some stats

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
- Wolves have not had this many 0-0 draws at home at this stage of any season at any level in the last 25 years

- We currently rank 18th for home form in the division, have the 19th best attacking record and are 20th in the form table for the last six games

- We have played five of the current bottom seven in the league, with a haul of five points against them

- Kenny Jackett is currently averaging 1.16 PPG this season from his 18 games. Mark McGhee was sacked with 22 from 16 (1.38 PPG), Colin Lee with 23 from 23 (1.00 PPG), Dave Jones with 17 from 15 (1.13 PPG) and Stale Solbakken with 31 from 26 (1.19 PPG)

- All four clubs directly above Wolves in the current league table have sacked their manager this season for unacceptable results

- James Henry has a pass completion rate of just 68.7% this season

- Wolves have signed nine players (Tommy Rowe, George Saville, Rajiv Van La Parra, Jed Wallace, Nathan Byrne, Sylvain Deslandes, Conor Coady, Benik Afobe, Jordan Graham) on a permanent basis since June 2014. Of those nine, three are currently out on loan and two didn't even make our bench at the weekend

- Since January 2014, Kenny Jackett has signed Leon Clarke, Yannick Sagbo, Danny Graham and Grant Holt. Those four players have contributed a total of four league goals for Wolves in that period

Grim. Have to say I'm not at all surprised by most of those stats.

The James Henry one is particularly jarring for me though, this is a player who KJ has singled out for praise a number of times this season.

The attacking stats and the number of 0-0s are the one for me. It takes quite some effort to have a squad containing Benik Afobe, Adam Le Fondre, Bright Enobakhare and Nathan Byrne, none of whom have been injured at any point this season, and yet still produce insipid football with zero attacking threat. The latter three don't even play. Much better to have James Henry giving the ball away more than 3 times out of 10 and Dave Edwards running about to no obvious effect. Don't put Bright on the bench either, have Grant Holt there (who you have not brought on in either of the last two home games, both 0-0, so when is he actually supposed to be used).

What was that one the other day that someone put up about Edwards? Five assists in Ken's time here? He's started 67 games in that time, so that's an assist every 13-14 games. Just what you want from a number 10.

Shocking stuff really. It's almost as if the board and club have given up trying to get anywhere and are happy with the current malaise.

those stats should be emailed to the desk of Moxey !!!

- Wolves have not had this many 0-0 draws at home at this stage of any season at any level in the last 25 years

- We currently rank 18th for home form in the division, have the 19th best attacking record and are 20th in the form table for the last six games

- We have played five of the current bottom seven in the league, with a haul of five points against them

- Kenny Jackett is currently averaging 1.16 PPG this season from his 18 games. Mark McGhee was sacked with 22 from 16 (1.38 PPG), Colin Lee with 23 from 23 (1.00 PPG), Dave Jones with 17 from 15 (1.13 PPG) and Stale Solbakken with 31 from 26 (1.19 PPG)

- All four clubs directly above Wolves in the current league table have sacked their manager this season for unacceptable results

- James Henry has a pass completion rate of just 68.7% this season

- Wolves have signed nine players (Tommy Rowe, George Saville, Rajiv Van La Parra, Jed Wallace, Nathan Byrne, Sylvain Deslandes, Conor Coady, Benik Afobe, Jordan Graham) on a permanent basis since June 2014. Of those nine, three are currently out on loan and two didn't even make our bench at the weekend

- Since January 2014, Kenny Jackett has signed Leon Clarke, Yannick Sagbo, Danny Graham and Grant Holt. Those four players have contributed a total of four league goals for Wolves in that period

Damning statistics.
Puts things into perspective.

Future scenario, Jackett sacked, replacement more or less welcomed by the fans as an improvement say Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank and he continues to play David Edwards.

Shocking stuff really. It's almost as if the board and club have given up trying to get anywhere and are happy with the current malaise.
That's my belief. Happy to float along in a state of limbo.

Gentlemen to use the vernacular" You cannot polish a turd"

This is not wumming.
I was pilloried in our last championship season (2013)when I said our form against sides starting in the bottom four or five was awful this century in comparison to other teams challenging or hopefully challenging promotion. It was then and it is now. 5 points is shite against that dross and Rotherham this weekend is a must win .

I was given stick in the summer with my moans about the squad and lack of investment. Again many more seem to be agreeing now.

I said at the start of the season that with no plan B the home form would noty be good. Its worse than that its shite

They will not sack KJ given the owner situation. If they do they will only go for an available manager who costs no compo. That could be even worse than we are now.

I am now however totally despondent with Williamson recalled. The only real bright spot in the last month or so was his organisation leadership and form.

I hope we have enough to stay up.

That's my belief. Happy to float along in a state of limbo.

They want to be careful with that. We aren't good enough to beat the top teams (largely through negligence in the market) and our record against the lower teams is bloody rubbish this year, I'd hazard a guess at it being on course for the worst we've ever done in that respect. No home win for two months. Limbo can very quickly become a relegation scrap and unlike others I do not want to go back to League One.

It shouldn't even be an issue but we are so bad at the moment it really is a genuine consideration. I cannot emphasise enough how bad Saturday was, especially given the calibre of opponent.

I was pilloried in our last championship season (2013)when I said our form against sides starting in the bottom four or five was awful this century in comparison to other teams challenging or hopefully challenging promotion. It was then and it is now. 5 points is shite against that dross and Rotherham this weekend is a must win .

Historically it really, really isn't (think I have shown you this before, I'll dig up the post if I can). This season it is awful.

The irony is on Saturday we moved a point closer to the play offs and a point further away from the relegation zone. I don't currently think we will go down with or without Kenny, but if you can't beat MKD at home, you do have to wonder where the other 25-30 additional points will come from

The irony is on Saturday we moved a point closer to the play offs and a point further away from the relegation zone. I don't currently think we will go down with or without Kenny, but if you can't beat MKD at home, you do have to wonder where the other 25-30 additional points will come from

As we have previously found out your never to good to go down.

It won't be long before teams stop coming to Molineux and go home happy with a point.

Then we really will be in deep doo doo.

The attacking stats and the number of 0-0s are the one for me. It takes quite some effort to have a squad containing Benik Afobe, Adam Le Fondre, Bright Enobakhare and Nathan Byrne, none of whom have been injured at any point this season, and yet still produce insipid football with zero attacking threat. The latter three don't even play. Much better to have James Henry giving the ball away more than 3 times out of 10 and Dave Edwards running about to no obvious effect. Don't put Bright on the bench either, have Grant Holt there (who you have not brought on in either of the last two home games, both 0-0, so when is he actually supposed to be used).

What was that one the other day that someone put up about Edwards? Five assists in Ken's time here? He's started 67 games in that time, so that's an assist every 13-14 games. Just what you want from a number 10.

Equally damning that you've had to highlight two completely unproven players as a measure of the teams attacking threat.

I've seen many, many 0-0 draws where you batter away at a team and just can't score. Saturday wasn't even close to that. Ken seemed to think it was, I think he's completely lost the plot. He's got his mind muddled to such a degree that he sent out an ultra defensive team without even realising it or recognising the consequences. He's almost certainly under zero actual pressure as much as I might bang on about him deserving to be sacked. Remember, we have Jez at the helm alone at the moment and he doesn't really​ understand football. Thelwell won't do anything as he should be at least equally on the line as well.

Equally damning that you've had to highlight two completely unproven players as a measure of the teams attacking threat.

Byrne has played well over 100 league games. Don't mistake a manager's weird mistrust for being unproven. Bright is unproven but clearly has talent, tons of other clubs play kids of his age if they're good enough. We've signed someone who looks like the landlord of a country pub rather than give him a chance.

Yet Wolves as a club do have back room staff who analyse each game to minute detail before providing the head coach with everything they see relevant to performance.

Byrne has played well over 100 league games. Don't mistake a manager's weird mistrust for being unproven. Bright is unproven but clearly has talent, tons of other clubs play kids of his age if they're good enough. We've signed someone who looks like the landlord of a country pub rather than give him a chance.

Byrne may have played games but he's not played at this level before, I've only seen him once and he looked busy but nothing more really. I'm not saying there isn't talent there in either case but would any opposition fan really be worried at the sight of either of those names on a teamsheet? I'd wager many wouldn't even have a clue who they were let alone know whether or not they were a threat.

I really wouldn't have thought many fans, Wolves or opposition, have wandered away from games this season thinking 'I don't know how Jackett has made a team so dull when he's got Byrne and Enobakhare available, unbelievable!'

I'm sure someone else could get more out of what's available at Wolves but I can't see them suddenly becoming vastly more entertaining, it's very much Jackett's team/squad by now, he's a fairly dull steady pair of hands, setting a team up to play some fairly dull steady football and he's usually a fairly dull steady squad to do it.

Back