• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (A) 26/09/2021 2.00pm Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was pretty yuk.

When your midfield is getting dominated by Romeo and JWP, then you've got a problem.

Marcal was wank, the back three all look shaky, Semedo is a good athlete, and has intelligent movement but is just terrible in the final third.

Hwang is industrious but lacking quality, Podence can go from dangerous to anonymous in the blink of an eye, and I'm afraid that Raul is never going to get it back. His coming back to get the ball isn't because of instruction, I feel - more because that's the part he knows he can still do.

The 3-4 man pressing has gone, we're barely making any overloads and are creating nothing. We miss Adama and Neves, a lot.

For me - we don't exactly look solid with a back 5, so just fuck it off and go 4231, Podence, Adama and Trincao behind Raul, with Neves and Dendonker as the two.

I'm not exactly a fan Dendonker, or any of the three behind Raul, either - which speaks volumes about our recruitment over the last few years.

Have a lot of thoughts on that but the game doesn't warrant the effort, just really, unbelievable, poor all over.
I don’t think this is true at all. We’ve defended very well and both Donk and Moutinho have played very well. Been impressed with Donk’s ball winning and Joao’s passing forwards. We’re taking up better positions getting forward and the press is working. One move from our box to the edge of their penalty area was excellent.

But our decision making was crap in the final third and Raul looks like a competition winner. Hwang just isn’t in the game put wide, he needs to be central with Pod on the left and Trincao on the right. Raul needs hooking he’s just not right.

It doesn’t help we’ve got a sink hole of quality on our left hand side with the abysmal Marçal. What a joke of a player.

We’re not losing which is a very good thing.

The thing is, first three games Bruno had us playing great, but our comical inability to score has obviously shot our confidence and now that's pushed us back to our whole build up play being poor, instead of just our shooting. His ideas can clearly work but it's hard to know what to do when you've got a team who don't have the confidence to put a pass together in the final third. I guess that's his job too, but the players need to step up as well.

Adama and Neves at HT. Fucking madness that Ruben doesn't start, even if he had a poor 45 in the week. He's our best player by a distance.
Fuck that with Adama, he’s fucking shit.

Gents, just to clarify, Marcal, a bloke who we all agree is fucking awful at crossing, took a corner in that first half. 🤣🤣🤣

Who thought that was a good idea? What is going on there?

(needless to say it failed to beat the first man)

We've got into promising positions then mucked them up time after time.

Trincao/Traore on for Hwang is the change, and Neves on for Moutinho.

Podence has been wasteful with some passes but he's playing ok otherwise.

I don’t think this is true at all. We’ve defended very well and both Donk and Moutinho have played very well. Been impressed with Donk’s ball winning and Joao’s passing forwards. We’re taking up better positions getting forward and the press is working. One move from our box to the edge of their penalty area was excellent.

But our decision making was crap in the final third and Raul looks like a competition winner. Hwang just isn’t in the game put wide, he needs to be central with Pod on the left and Trincao on the right. Raul needs hooking he’s just not right.

It doesn’t help we’ve got a sink hole of quality on our left hand side with the abysmal Marçal. What a joke of a player.

Probably the view I would agree with if I wasn’t so cranky.

Adama and Neves at HT. Fucking madness that Ruben doesn't start, even if he had a poor 45 in the week. He's our best player by a distance.
It’s nuts Nandi. You play Donk to give the legs on the midfield and partner him with pass back Joao. Neves and Traore on please for Moutinho and , I can’t believe I am saying this , Raul. Put Hwang up top

I swear I'm going to take a court injunction out on the term 'competition winner', just say they're wank and get it over with 🤣

Gents, just to clarify, Marcal, a bloke who we all agree is fucking awful at crossing, took a corner in that first half. 🤣🤣🤣

Who thought that was a good idea? What is going on there?

(needless to say it failed to beat the first man)
I did a genuine cartoon style double take at that. Utterly ridiculous

100% this.

Trouble is doing that, bringing on Neves and Adama we have no subs left, it was a poor choice of team in the first place.

Tbf to Bruno, its a front three most in here would have picked. It's supposed to be our strongest department!

And with only three CMs there has to be some rotation, they should all be able to do a job.

Reading this that does seem fair, I am just cranky that this is the first game I have had a chance to sit and fully watch, and the attacking threat is still awful.

why are you guys confused about marcal on a corner

it's a law, rule, or some other universal constant that wolves have to be garbage at set pieces

so marcal on the take is the obvious choice

No subs? fucking crazy

Probably just gotta hope for a shitty 0-0 and take the point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back