• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton (A) 26/09/2021 2.00pm Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think they activated the “concussion sub” so there won’t be that red tape in the way.

Obviously if he’s concussed he shouldn’t play but if he’s fine after a medical assessment then get him in.
That's some shit medic to clear a concussion before 7 days.

Needs educating/ sacking if that's the case.

I didn't think you had to have a concussion to use the concussion sub? It's there to ensure someone with one doesn't play on, but doesn't necessarily mean they do...I think

That's some shit medic to clear a concussion before 7 days.

Needs educating/ sacking if that's the case.
I was more saying “was he concussed. Binary Yes or No”. In the ground I didn’t see what happened. So if after a proper medical assessment he is deemed to have concussion then he’s out. If he’s just got a sore nose, eye, jaw whatever then he can play

Hwang was lost out wide but influential when he played more centrally. We really need to decide whether our wide forwards are going to be narrow or wide. I feel like this has been an issue ever since Jota left and Traore starting playing most games If the latter, we need midfield runners in the box. If the former, it means Hwang and Podence starting for me.

Podence showed great composure in front of goal Wednesday night - way more than some other players to date this season . He had work to do on receiving the ball as the pass from Donk was far from perfect . He remained calm however and tucked it away .
Podence is now a starter for me .
Hwang too did an important piece of work leading up to that goal and won the corner for our opening goal . Very good sub to have and will start some PL matches soon enough I feel .
Saiss at midfield can't be ruled out either .
We played a back 3 on Wednesday and still looked porous . I really can't see why a back 4 is impossible with a covering midfielder .

Is Ait-Nouri definitely out? I've been wondering whether we'd consider playing a back line of:

Semedo - Kilman - Boly - Marcal - Ait-Nouri

Or is Marcal a bigger liability than Coady? Just strikes me he came with a good reputation at LCB but we've never really tried him there, either way he just isn't anywhere near progressive enough to start over Ait-Nouri.

RAN out for a week due to concussion protocols and Mosquera gone for another month.

Great stuff.

Sa

Boly
Coady
Kilman

Hoever
Neves
Moutinho
Semedo

Podence
Raul
Adama

Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Dendoncker, Trincao, Hwang, Fabio, Cundle, Campbell

Eurgh.

RAN out for a week due to concussion protocols and Mosquera gone for another month.

Great stuff.

Sa

Boly
Coady
Kilman

Hoever
Neves
Moutinho
Semedo

Podence
Raul
Adama

Eurgh.
I'd have Donk in for Joao, but apart from that same side. If only we had a CB option....

Great stuff.

Sa

Boly
Coady
Kilman

Hoever
Neves
Moutinho
Semedo

Podence
Raul
Adama

Eurgh.
Semedo on the left ? Not sure about that .

I thought Semedo was excellent the other night at LWB against Spurs, admittedly it wasn't for long.

Also Hoever had what i think was probably his best game at RWB and if Adama is on the right he links up better with him than Semedo.

Marcal can get in the sea.

Semdo doesn’t try and cross or beat a man from the right so what side he plays on is probably irrelevant. If anything it may open up cutting inside and shooting/combining with a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back