• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stats and Analysis Thread

They have 490 overall points. We have 404. Should hopefully go well past them when we reach equal numbers of games.

Interestingly, Burnley have now played more premier league games than either Wigan or Charlton.

Hwang's 8 goals in all competitions would already have had him top scorer in any of the last three seasons.

Fletcher and Raul (both x2) are the only players to ever get double figures for us in the Premier League, so he needs three more league goals to join that club, should do it injury permitting.

Think they've both scored one for us in friendlies, Cunha scored in the shootout vs Forest, Hwang scored in the shootout vs Spurs, so either will do I guess.

I was surprised he was on the penalty last night, thought it would be Cunha
Must admit I was surprised, in fact cacking my pants when he stepped up, luckily he was sensible and just smashed it down the middle.

Last edited:
We've also now scored in 14 consecutive games in all competitions, you'll be going back a long time (possibly even the Championship season under Nuno) to match that.

Must admit I was surprised, in fact cacking my pants when he stepped up, luckily he was sensible and just smashed it down the middle.

He properly Ebanks-Blake'd it. Just slam it and hope the keeper moves out the way.

He seemed to wait an eternity to strike the ball after the ref blew his whistle. I thought he'd not heard the whistle. Nerves all round at that stage, but then he properly smashed it in.

He properly Ebanks-Blake'd it. Just slam it and hope the keeper moves out the way.
I'd say the majority of penalties are like that, seems the most sensible option if you don't have complete confidence in your ability.

comms said last night we have scored our last 20 penalties. if true, that is some record.

It wasn't a great penalty tbh. Wasn't right down the middle and the keepers legs could have easily deflected it if it went any closer to where the keeper dived.

My fave shit pen we scored from was Leo in the Championship. Hit it low, between the keeper and post, it moved slower than he did and the keeper dived the right way.

The last miss I remember is Hwang missing one in the league cup when he was at his absolute worst - Raul gave it to him as some kind of confidence boost. Only works if you score it.

It'll be PL only then if it's true as that wasn't that long ago and we haven't had 20 penalties since.

Raul definitely never missed one in the league.

Costa missed one at Burton under Lambert, can't think of a league one since then, but have a feeling Neves did at some point.

Neves was 8/8 in the top flight so I reckon that Sheffield United game must be it

Back