• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stats and Analysis Thread

Scored in 16 straight home top flight league games now - longest run since March 1970.
That's a nice stat after the previous few seasons.
Wonder if any teams have gone through a whole season with no 0-0 results?

That's a nice stat after the previous few seasons.
Wonder if any teams have gone through a whole season with no 0-0 results?
0-0s are a lot less frequent now generally it seems (only 4 this season so far) probably because there is around 10% more game time than there used to be.

Hwang has become only the third player to hit 10 PL goals for us in a season (joining Fletcher and Raul who both did it twice).

Raul's 17 PL goals in 2019/20 is a fair reach from here especially with missing games in Jan/Feb, but he probably should at least match Raul's 13 from 2018/19.

2023's final away record (league only) reads:

P21 W4 D4 L13 Pts 16 (0.76 PPG)

Clearly it's imperative that this improves in 2024, I suppose at least O'Neil can claim 3 of the 4 wins (we also now have more away wins this season than we managed last season, when we only beat Everton and Southampton).

Hwang apparently has apparently scored 10 from 11 shots on target this season. Can anyone remember the shot on target he missed?

It's an incredible record really, even if it is totally unsustainable. He's hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times as well.

Final home league record for 2023:

P20 W12 D4 L4 Pts 40 (2.00 PPG)

Genuinely what you'd be after with an eye on getting a European spot. If we can keep that the same and uplift the away form from 0.76 to 1PPG or better then we really would be in the mix.

Remarkable really considering the best efforts off the pitch to screw it all up!

I think we’ve benefitted from scouting two Neves replacements (Gomes and Lemina) really well last January. Sarabia and Dawson were very astute signings too. You can afford to sell your better players if you replace them well, and a lot of those we sold in the summer were dead wood/rats (Nunes) anyway. Doyle and Bellegarde were good, young, promising signings for fairly minimal spend.

As long as Fosun don’t see a possible high finish this year as reasoning to continue not investing in the squad properly.

I think we’ve benefitted from scouting two Neves replacements (Gomes and Lemina) really well last January. Sarabia and Dawson were very astute signings too. You can afford to sell your better players if you replace them well, and a lot of those we sold in the summer were dead wood/rats (Nunes) anyway. Doyle and Bellegarde were good, young, promising signings for fairly minimal spend.

As long as Fosun don’t see a possible high finish this year as reasoning to continue not investing in the squad properly.
We bought for Lop's energy needed in midfield. He said as such last December.

Neither man was bought to replace Neves.

We then get Fosun's bullshit and sales and let's not pretend it was a planned and excellent window. Bellegarde, who is 25, wasn't 1st choice for midfield and Doyle is a kid.

Our recruitment was a mess this summer.

We bought for Lop's energy needed in midfield. He said as such last December.

Neither man was bought to replace Neves.

We then get Fosun's bullshit and sales and let's not pretend it was a planned and excellent window. Bellegarde, who is 25, wasn't 1st choice for midfield and Doyle is a kid.

Our recruitment was a mess this summer.
Yep, our Summer recruitment didn't improve one first 11 position. There are self inflicted reasons behind that, but it's not good.

As I don’t have a Twitter account Elon has decided I should not view anything below the original tweet so I will have to miss out on the second no doubt complete nonsense stat

Back