• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Norris - 84 games in the Football League
Flatt - 0 games in the Football League

That's about the crux of it. Flatt isn't going to make it here.

So we sign a 23yr old keeper from a Lge 2 side, and send 22yr old Jon Flatt on loan to another Lge 2 side.

What message could Flatt glean from this?

That he's not good enough at the moment and needs some proper game time that he won't get here

Yeah flatt is a solid keeper and league one loan will be good for him but he will have a semi decent career elsewhere

Does Costa injury open the door for a Bakary return? I'll be honest and say eve if we don't need him I'd love him back. My favourite ever Wolves player

Yeah flatt is a solid keeper and league one loan will be good for him but he will have a semi decent career elsewhere

Does Costa injury open the door for a Bakary return? I'll be honest and say eve if we don't need him I'd love him back. My favourite ever Wolves player
Opens the door for Ronan or MGW to get some time on the wing, I'd guess.

Norris - Thats a real result! Had a great season for Cambridge last year. Saved a few penalties too! Happy with that. Decent back up. well over 6ft about 6'4 at a guess .

Hes got a gob on him too!

Opens the door for Ronan or MGW to get some time on the wing, I'd guess.

Ronan isn't a wide player at all

MGW maybe, but he's still injured himself as far as I know

Marshall will play there, I'm not sure why people are overcomplicating it :icon_lol:

Ronan isn't a wide player at all

MGW maybe, but he's still injured himself as far as I know

Marshall will play there, I'm not sure why people are overcomplicating it :icon_lol:
Ronan did play wide left last season tbf.

Sure, but then I've seen Leon Clarke play wide left. Doesn't mean he is a wide player.

He's a central midfielder.

Norris - 84 games in the Football League
Flatt - 0 games in the Football League

That's about the crux of it. Flatt isn't going to make it here.

It's 69 games in the Football League for Norris, but I agree he's more experienced than Flatt who must have got the message by now that unless he has a brilliant season, he's gone. Which was my point really.

Marshall, Graham, Zyro, Cavaleiro.

We have plenty of options out wide.

We have options indeed..Sako did chip in with some nice goals though and you always need that..injury prone is a minus

Sure, but then I've seen Leon Clarke play wide left. Doesn't mean he is a wide player.

He's a central midfielder.
Also George Saville and Prince. He is definitely a central player as DW says, he would be totally wasted out wide. Marshall & Graham would be a decent wing pairing for this division so I expect that to bet he pairing.

Nicu Carnat has gone to Esbjerg for the season.

Looks like Hayden may be off to Telford on loan too (why have we kept him on, seriously)

Blimey, we have 2 Ruddys between the sticks? Damn shame Declan Rudd had just transferred to Preston.

The Afobe rumour really is a demonstration of why betting sites are absolutely useless as an indicator of a transfer's likeliness or unlikeliness.

People have been lumping money on him coming back here all weekend, the odds keep dropping, so that must mean he's definitely coming and so more people put money on, and the odds drop even more, and then it gets to evens, and now everyone's losing their shit that "he must be coming". Nuno isn't calling SkyBet up every hour to let them know how negotiations are going, FFS!

I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong here but Benik was having a whale of a time in Marbella on Snapchat yesterday, and nothing seems to have changed since then according to anywhere reputable.

Back