• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Adama doesnt wanna go there and rightly so..he will be very important for us this season with Trincao, Silva, Pod and Neto a bit up in the air right now..wish he could sign a new contract though but dont think that will happen
Take Adama's words when with he was with Spain, he has his eyes on bigger clubs than Leeds.
Probably dreaming, like the time Big Sam said he could manage Real Madrid, but it's good to aim high.

As I doubt we would take that fee it all seems a bit pointless.
I guess the gamble is you unsettle player and kind of force the clubs hand. Leeds are unlikely to do that with our players but a Chelsea or other CL club would probably be more successful.

Bielsa’s teams run and run and run. Adama runs quickly in bursts and then has to recover. I don’t think he’s suited to Leeds even if they do want him.

Bielsa’s teams run and run and run. Adama runs quickly in bursts and then has to recover. I don’t think he’s suited to Leeds even if they do want him.
Are there any stats of running statistics in the 20/21 season..would be nice to see if Adama was so lazy

Are there any stats of running statistics in the 20/21 season..would be nice to see if Adama was so lazy
It's not that Adama is lazy, it's that he with someone who accelerates the way he does, Bielsa's style where he'd be doing so many repeated sprints you'd expect his hamstrings to go quickly....

He’s not lazy but he’s a sprinter not a long distance runner. I’d sooner he stays than accept £30m from a rival.

ok, cheers but would really like to see distance made from last season from all players anyway, anybody have a good site for that? I mean it would be strange if Bielsa want him when he cant do the work?

I don't think Duncan Castles is a great source is he?

I know we were one of the teams that were in the bottom in distance covered so, adama ran all day

I don't think Duncan Castles is a great source is he?

He called Lage 5 or 6 weeks before Nuno was binned. He does have a source via Jorge Mendes so he is generally on target when it comes to us.
His stuff away from that source is generally in the Alan Nixon range, which is essentially made up bollocks.

Would presume they'd only want him in case they lost Raphinha who is a serious player.

I know we were one of the teams that were in the bottom in distance covered so, adama ran all day
This isn't a pro or anti Adama point, but I really don't know what game you watch Fred. He just doesn't run all day, it's not his game, never has been, never will be and never has been expected of him. He's all about sharp explosive bursts

This isn't a pro or anti Adama point, but I really don't know what game you watch Fred. He just doesn't run all day, it's not his game, never has been, never will be and never has been expected of him. It's all about sharp bursts
I just wanted to know how much more/or less he ran to our other players..and nobody could provide those stats apparently,,and since we ran like a relegated team althogether it would have been nice to know...and on Adama some people said he dont run enough for a Bielsa team

Tried looking for you Freddy but not been able to find anything.

Only thing I could find was during the 19/20 season, when Traore was immense he was beaten by Dendoncker in the who ran the most stats. Donck ran nearly 14k in a game....that game was the last the majority of us were allowed into watch v Brighton.

If I was going to guess I would say he would run a good 2-3k less than the top player at Wolves. Not because he is lazy but because of what has been mentioned already. He also has a great tactic of getting out of running back by sitting on his arse complaining for 2 mins when the ref hasn't given a free kick (Nuno lost his shit over that a lot)

Tried looking for you Freddy but not been able to find anything.

Only thing I could find was during the 19/20 season, when Traore was immense he was beaten by Dendoncker in the who ran the most stats. Donck ran nearly 14k in a game....that game was the last the majority of us were allowed into watch v Brighton.

If I was going to guess I would say he would run a good 2-3k less than the top player at Wolves. Not because he is lazy but because of what has been mentioned already. He also has a great tactic of getting out of running back by sitting on his arse complaining for 2 mins when the ref hasn't given a free kick (Nuno lost his shit over that a lot)
Yeah I also saw Donck was 13,8k or something the year before too..nevermind we put this one to bed now then :) lets hope for some real transfer news soonish..a quick DM and maybe a CB or striker

I'm not sure I need stats to tell me what kind of player Adama is. He likes to be given the ball and then he runs with it. I have rarely, seen him make runs "off the ball" and that frustrates me. The one notable time he did was to receive a free kick from Moutinho and set up a goal for Raul. I thought "finally, he gets it. Now we'll see his game develop"... Nah, didn't happen. Next game he was back to standing around asking for the ball to feet and not looking to get behind the full back. If he sorted that side of his game out he would be fantastic

I'm not sure I need stats to tell me what kind of player Adama is. He likes to be given the ball and then he runs with it. I have rarely, seen him make runs "off the ball" and that frustrates me. The one notable time he did was to receive a free kick from Moutinho and set up a goal for Raul. I thought "finally, he gets it. Now we'll see his game develop"... Nah, didn't happen. Next game he was back to standing around asking for the ball to feet and not looking to get behind the full back. If he sorted that side of his game out he would be fantastic
I can understand that statement, and it is true for some reasons..the thing is he doenst have many options..sure now when Raul is back, they were magical together..regarding last season without Adama, I would switch off the TV/stream completely because we wouldnt have created nothing at all..also, people are so into this they cant see he really can pass the ball simple and easy to others and also do that..but of course could run better off the ball and look up more

Back