• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

The only way it’s happening if the Money is paid pretty much in full now. Why is Mendes being involved he’s not even Traore agent.
Often 3 agents are involved, one to represent each side and one the player. In this instance I don't think someone was suggesting he was directly involved, just that he'll be putting pressure on the club to sell Adama because he wants to get Guedes in at Wolves and that probably only happens if Adama leaves

67ED9DAA-12B7-4F45-9128-E7959D0DC0EC.jpeg
As if by magic… Fabrizio Romano actually follows that ElTransistor account (if that means anything), so potentially there’s something in it.

Nothing, that’s why I said ‘just for money’ I’m sure the money he is earning at Wolves has him down the food bank every week. My point, was that if his priority is £, rather than enjoying his football playing for a manager that will allow him to play more freely, rather than one that he knows 100% plays negative football, he has his priorities wrong.
His priorities are a matter for him, the fact they are different to your priorities is completely irrelevant.

We finally look like we’ve made progress with Traore with the positions he’s getting into. We just dominated Spurs and now we’re letting them have our biggest threat just so we can make a profit on him. It’ll happen, this is who we are now.

People surely can't moan about Adama going now or guilt trip him about being greedy.

A fair chunk of posters have wanted to pack his bags for him for over 18 months!

Hope he doesn't go as I don't believe we'll get better in with the time left

Is it too early to start singing “Fuck off Nuno, Adama is ours” on Sunday?

Reckon we've missed the boat on that, I imagine there was some business talk going on between Nuno and his staff and our players between all the smiles and cuddles going on. Hopefully it's just Adama we're talking about

People surely can't moan about Adama going now or guilt trip him about being greedy.

A fair chunk of posters have wanted to pack his bags for him for over 18 months!

Lots of short memories on lots of topics on here lately. It’s easier to just let it go, though 😂

This is very selective rhetoric though. I wasnt his biggest fan and wouldnt have had an issue previously had they sold him, however that was when I was on the assumption he would be replaced with an ambitious or quality signing. Now I don't think that will happen and so given how he has started under Lage have changed my mind, I think that's fairly fair?

We finally look like we’ve made progress with Traore with the positions he’s getting into. We just dominated Spurs and now we’re letting them have our biggest threat just so we can make a profit on him. It’ll happen, this is who we are now.
We have only sold three players who can be described as starting 11 players since Fosun took over the club.

The only way it’s happening if the Money is paid pretty much in full now. Why is Mendes being involved he’s not even Traore agent.

I think he negotiates most of our transfers in/out. Gets a cut then.

We have only sold three players who can be described as starting 11 players since Fosun took over the club.

Who have we sold apart from Jota? I suppose you can sort-of count Douglas as he was starting at the time but then I'm struggling...

I meant more we aren’t going to be like Spurs and refuse to sell someone. If someone offers ‘good’ money that makes us a decent profit we’ll take it, regardless of how important that player is. Jota was the first, Traore will be next. Neves would be the same if someone put the money up for him.

This is very selective rhetoric though. I wasnt his biggest fan and wouldnt have had an issue previously had they sold him, however that was when I was on the assumption he would be replaced with an ambitious or quality signing. Now I don't think that will happen and so given how he has started under Lage have changed my mind, I think that's fairly fair?

I think it's more selective to claim that people who derided him as brainless on a regular basis, didn't even name him on teamsheets or just wanted him gone from the club considered anything beyond that.

Even just before the season started I was told it was fine if he went as we had Pod and Trincao and MGW could fill in wide. I don't remember any of his critics considering his replacement as a factor in their point of view on Adama.

If someone didn't like him and wanted him gone that's perfectly fine, but people should own it when he does go and be consistent.

Jota,
Doherty,
Douglas,
Patricio,
Cavaleiro,
Costa
All first team, all sold.

Wouldn't be concerned letting Traore go for the money quoted but with the likely replacement Guedes who is nothing more than average doesn't exactly set pulses raising.

I meant more we aren’t going to be like Spurs and refuse to sell someone. If someone offers ‘good’ money that makes us a decent profit we’ll take it, regardless of how important that player is. Jota was the first, Traore will be next. Neves would be the same if someone put the money up for him.
I think that is correct and we as fans need to get used to it until we start challenging for Europe or win trophies. It is the apparent business model and has been pretty much since promotion. Every player has a price and I just enjoy watching them perform while they are here. Guedes en route if Adama goes is no surprise. First team ready Defender and CM incoming then. We hope. If Adama goes and we replace with those three it’s a satisfactory window. Get some money on Traore scoring re united as a swansong!

Jota,
Doherty,
Douglas,
Patricio,
Cavaleiro,
Costa
All first team, all sold.

You can't use Doherty, Douglas, Costa or Cav. All replaced by better players. We sold all of those because we wanted rid.

Back