• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

At this point I hope we do a Leeds style tweet telling fans not to go to bed and then announce Ronan's loan to St Mirren (if we haven't already). At least we will know they really are just taking the piss now
They already have, so that's ballsed that plan up...

You just know they're going to say something along the lines of "it was one of the quietest windows ever, there was little liquidity in the market, really difficult trading conditions and we tried to get top players but couldn't get deals over the line".

We've made multiple bids for Kieffer Fucking Moore.

You just know they're going to say something along the lines of "it was one of the quietest windows ever, there was little liquidity in the market, really difficult trading conditions and we tried to get top players but couldn't get deals over the line".

We've made multiple bids for Kieffer Fucking Moore.
They will say it's been a success as we fended off interest for our best players and spin keeping them as a successful window.

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted to be keeping Neves and Adama but when you have the manager stating he wants 3-4 and he trusts the people above and then the signings don't come then people are going to have to pay with their jobs. *

* All assuming we don't have a couple of quality deals coming very late

I guess this is why people like Mendes are so valuable, they actually make deals happen.

I'm am assuming we've tried to go it alone today

I don't want to hear anything out of the club other than an apology and a plan to reform the setup so this doesn't happen again.
Agree with that. Spin isn't going to work given the number of leaks that we've been seeing (the bids for Sanches, Kamara and Moore all seem genuine) which will have raised hopes going into today.

Weren't you actually in Europe the first year we were?

How becomes you need to watch FFP, but we don't?
Because we didn't earn enough in our penultimate season in tha Champs.
(Is why we were on their watch list, but apparently it's all moot now...)

Just compare the feeling amongst the fans from this time last night to now.

We were, and we had good transfer windows to begin with. That is what fucked us as we overspent in the championship, then got to Europe straight away. Our FFP fine was with UEFA, not the PL. Others know more in depth than me but that is the bones of it. It was 3 years of break even apparently, ending this year. But it's not very clear.

Because we didn't earn enough in our penultimate season in tha Champs.

I thought FFP gets reset/altered after promotion/relegation?

Which is why Villa needed to get promoted when they did, to avoid breaking FFP?

It’s a very good question. We got bollocked by uefa for our championship season and Jeff Shi is hiding behind it this window. It’s been said before but in the words of Jimmy Nail

Shis lying

It's a fair assumption? No?

Bruno wants players, we as fans want players, do you think that our own squad don't want better players too? Of course they do!
No, we've had shitty transfer windows for the last three seasons. just because people getting extra apoplectic over this one doesnt mean Netos handing in a request tomorrow, no doubt they'll be as disappointed as everyone else

Back