• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

When you say on video to every Wolves fan " trust me not by my words, but by my actions" you have to mean it. Tonight kind of makes Jeff look a bit foolish imo.

Club has had a bit of PR fiasco this summer tonight just puts the cherry on top of that.
Ticket price rises, new membership scheme scrapped after a fans backlash, prices on WV1 distribution of tickets, merchandise etc

We got into Europe the very first season after promotion. Which meant we came under UEFAs FFP jurisdiction, and our final Championship season with its losses made us fall foul of it. Basically we were punished for over achieving too quickly.

Fair enough.
But it seems strange its still an issue now.

Do we think Jeff will do an interview with the club website to explain this? I'm interested to see how they handle this, not sure there's any hiding from this
Depends whether they actually think they have done something wrong. What we think isn't neccessarily what they think. Seems bizarre i know, but their perspective will be different i'm sure.

He can fuck off. Put out as the spokesperson and defending this is impossible. Colours have been shown this month. Fuck off Fosun.

22:55 Wolves accept £45m bid from Tottenham for Ruben Neves...

Imagine the scenes..

If Fosun won't back a new manager trying to change the style of play it's hard to see beyond a gradual decline eventually leading to the inevitable relegation. An injury to Neves and Raul continuing to struggle and it's far from inconceivable it could be this season. As things stand we're currently the same odds to be relegated as Brentford.

We've gambled we could pick players up on the cheap and we've been well and truly bitten on the arse. In any other business heads would roll.

I’ll do the clubs speech now “It’s come to our attention that a number of fans are deeply disappointed with no recruitment on final day of the transfer window. The club can confirm that our recruitment team worked tirelessly on numerous targets that unfortunately due to reasons out of our control couldn’t be completed. The recruitment team is equally as disappointed with this. However prior to this they worked incredibly hard to bring in 5 new transfers over the summer and believe we still have a highly competitive squad for the season ahead”

Do we think Jeff will do an interview with the club website to explain this? I'm interested to see how they handle this, not sure there's any hiding from this

I honestly don’t feel they give a shit. If they did then players would have been signed. They must be aware that fans aren’t happy but can’t really do anything about it.

There’s just a lot contradictory stuff they’ve been doing over the last couple of years. Sacking Nuno, letting Jota go, spending £70 million on Semedo and Fabio but then not following it up. I’m struggling to make sense of it all but as i said earlier i’ll still be at Watford.

Back