• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

They've spent £440m since 2016 and have an unbalanced squad, they can't fix it due to FFP constraints. That's my point. We won't be in that position. We haven't spent to such a degree that we can't fix it due to FFP constraints.

This window they've signed Rondon, Andros Townsend, Begovic, Andy Longeran and Demari Grey, all of which got thoroughly battered on here as suggestions. They're still weak at full back and can't do anything about it even if they wanted to.

We haven't put ourselves in a position that we can't get out of, whereas I believe Everton have.

Everton's problem is wages rather than transfer fees.
They've got so many average players, on huge contracts, that nobody else will pay.

When you consider they've got the 7th highest wage bill in the league, it becomes obvious so many of their average players, are on huge huge wages.
On their website, they have 27 first team squad members listed.
5 in Rondon/Townsend/Begovic/Lonergan/Gray were added this year....And 2 in Branthwaite+Gordon are recent youth players added to the squad.

So that leaves 20 players from last year, making up the 7th highest Wage bill in the league!

Average players like Holgate/Kenny/Mina/Delph/Gomes/Gbamin/Iwobi/Tosun etc, must be on an absolute fortune!

Don't really want to go round in circles, but the money from Cav, Costa and Doherty came to about £50m, they were all surplus to requirements. Whether it's net spend or not that's not £50m that came from weakening the starting 11 (appreciate Doherty was in it, but clear then and even moreso now that Nuno wanted to move on) even the Jota sale is debatable given at the time he (incorrectly imo) wasn't in the managers starting 11. The point is we had money to spend and spent it badly or if you are being generous badly in the short to medium term.
I wouldn’t say they were ‘surplus to requirements’ necessarily. Well in Doherty case especially.

the point I’m making in most teams building tend to spend more money than incomings. It’s undeniable we have made our squad weaker. Partly due to bad recruitment, partly being with just have fewer players

Imagine spunking £35m on a player who isn't up to the task and may never will be?

Imagine then pleading about FFP and how that means deals can't be done.

Imagine saying that all deals will be done later in the window.

Then imagine you're asked to judge on actions not words.

Now imagine it turns out FFP is an excuse and no deals are done.

How much of a cunt would that person look compared to Everton now?
Silva definitely isn’t on your Christmas card list is he

It’s not him as a player it’s the fucktards paying £35m for him.

If we’d paid the same as Mir or Mosquera I could understand it, but he didn’t and is the main fault our bellend of a chairman is pleading poverty.
O he looks massively overpriced currently. Albeit I think he will turn into a decent player.

I think we missed a trick not signing another striker as the jury will still be out on whether Raul will recapture his previous form. But saying that, that was 1 of 78 tricks we likely missed

Do we think there will be any kind of demonstrations from the supporters next time we play at Molineux?

The air in here is poisonous enough so I can only imagine how negative non-TWF-posting fans must be right now.

Do we think there will be any kind of demonstrations from the supporters next time we play at Molineux?

The air in here is poisonous enough so I can only imagine how negative non-TWF-posting fans must be right now.
A long way off that Alan.
It goes like this:
Goal conceded shot missed gets groan rather than encouragement
Half time deficit gets a mild boo, full time gets a hearty one
Chants move to where's the money gone/Jeff Shi you're a wanker
Then move to Fosun get out of our club. At this stage the more special people cluster outside the Billy Wright stand chanting and shouting abuse.

We aren't at point 1 yet and won't be even at Brentford because there's goodwill towards Lage at this stage.

I doubt it, usually takes a lot more to get demos against owners and most fans don't want to negatively effect the manager/players as there's nothing they could have done.

This will die down with a couple of wins against Watford and Brentford, win neither and things might change.

No, we're way off that kind of thing yet.

Lets say we're P5 L5 at the end of Brentford there will be 'Wheres the money gone?' chants and 'Jeff Shi you're a wanker' but a demo is a way off yet.

A long way off that Alan.
It goes like this:
Goal conceded shot missed gets groan rather than encouragement
Half time deficit gets a mild boo, full time gets a hearty one
Chants move to where's the money gone/Jeff Shi you're a wanker
Then move to Fosun get out of our club. At this stage the more special people cluster outside the Billy Wright stand chanting and shouting abuse.

We aren't at point 1 yet and won't be even at Brentford because there's goodwill towards Lage at this stage.
That’s so spot on. Bravo

No, we're way off that kind of thing yet.

Lets say we're P5 L5 at the end of Brentford there will be 'Wheres the money gone?' chants and 'Jeff Shi you're a wanker' but a demo is a way off yet.
Not sure why, but the ‘Jeff shi you’re a wanker’ made me chuckle. Too the beat of ‘Stevie bulls a tatter’ I presume?

Reactions: b3h
Not sure why, but the ‘Jeff shi you’re a wanker’ made me chuckle. Too the beat of ‘Stevie bulls a tatter’ I presume?
More to the tune of ‘Mike Dean, you’re a wanker, you’re a wanker’

If they choose that approach it will just add more anger. Even you fuck up, you need to acknowledge it. A brave club right now would apologise on their failure to bring more in, but acknowledge some of the reasons why. I'm still not going to write off this season based on this though, you never know we might just get lucky on the injuries front. Although the target can't really be Europe now, but staying up (the competition isn't that good and our manager has shown he is likely to keep us 11-14th at a canter). And a cup run might be possible, plus our only chance of Europe. But we better have signings lined up for January regardless, and not on the 31st.
January window is usually very quiet and hard to do any deal in the middle of the season

Can we not just sing that every game anyway? Even if he isn’t our ref I feel like it needs to be sung…
It is well known that I have a Devine hatred for Mike Dean the preening peacock , so would happily lead this chant

O he looks massively overpriced currently. Albeit I think he will turn into a decent player.

I think we missed a trick not signing another striker as the jury will still be out on whether Raul will recapture his previous form. But saying that, that was 1 of 78 tricks we likely missed
Yeah we should have gone for an experienced goalscorer for sure instead of one for the future

Back