• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

It’s not a good look to get beaten to a signing by a promoted team. We all know it’s impossible to sign players early though, and impossible to spend money before you’ve sold anyone

Would take £20m all day long for him. Doubt it's true though.
We’ve put ourselves in a position where we have to take what we’re given. £12m probably acceptable.

Below that depends on if you think he has anything to offer this year. If you don’t then you’ll take anything if you do then you keep him below that and let him go for free

I'm confused a bit by this. If he's "tempted" by our proposal, then we have obviously put something on the table for him and had it accepted by Sporting. The fact the player is mulling it over makes me think the Fulham offer is far more than ours from a financial perspective. Now the player himself (and his family) need to decide whether he wants more money but to play for a newly promoted team, or less money but to be in/around more Portuguese players/staff.

It does sound like we're trying to lowball him, but obviously it's all guesswork right now. It stinks of us pissing around trying to do it on the cheap again, though - and now it might cost us.

Living in west London or the Wolverhampton area? Doubt it’ll take him long to decide where he wants to go.

I'm confused a bit by this. If he's "tempted" by our proposal, then we have obviously put something on the table for him and had it accepted by Sporting. The fact the player is mulling it over makes me think the Fulham offer is far more than ours from a financial perspective. Now the player himself (and his family) need to decide whether he wants more money but to play for a newly promoted team, or less money but to be in/around more Portuguese players/staff.

It does sound like we're trying to lowball him, but obviously it's all guesswork right now. It stinks of us pissing around trying to do it on the cheap again, though - and now it might cost us.

Aren’t Fulham’s coaching staff mainly Portuguese?

Moutinho swapped Monaco for Wolves. Depends on Palinha's character really but many of our players have spoke fondly of life in Wolverhampton where they have lived relatively normal lives away from the bright lights of big cities. Not everyone wants to live in London

Plenty of very nice spots you can live round here. You don't even have to drive far from central Wolves to be in some lovely countryside. It's not like he'll be living in Blakenhall, is it.

I don't particularly want him and never have, he's too slow and offers nothing going forward. It's just a very bad look to lose out to a team like that at that price point (especially as we get our own effective £9m discount on what isn't a big fee by 2022 standards).

I want to sign him just so we can sing:

Hey Bruno, it's ya birthday
We're gonna drink Bacardi like it's your birthday
We're gonna sign Icardi cos it's your birthday
something something

Don't sing it too loud in case the neighbours complain.

It's not fee we are losing on if we have made an offer to the player. It's wages.

It's not fee we are losing on if we have made an offer to the player. It's wages.
True enough.

Well he shouldn't be on silly wages either, he isn't an established international, he isn't anything special and he isn't on big money at the moment.

It's more that we aren't doing anything.

Back