• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I meant in the sense that if we get £60m+ for Neves that gives us the money to go after better targets.

If that's the case. Which it probably isn't.
Well we are only doing the Palhinha deal if we sell Neves. He is the number 1 target. Otherwise we’d have signed him already independent of the Neves situation.

I’m repeating myself but I reckon they are happy with Neves/Palhinha, Donk, Moutinho and Cundle/U23s like they did last year.

The thing is, if your theory holds, we don't actually need him at the moment. You wouldn't want to pair him with Neves, Moutinho or Dendoncker, and we haven't signed an attacking midfielder to complement someone like that.

He wouldn't actually get in our team right now.
Well if that is the case then we shouldn’t be signing him full stop, but I don’t know if it is or not as I know nothing about him and he didn’t play in this batch of internationals.

But I disagree with the general feeling that we couldn’t play two DMs together, but would have to be with a back 4 though. I sense Palhinha to be like Xhaka and Id expect us to copy that Arsenal blue print with 2 DMs and then MGW or whoever playing like Odegaard.

You can play two DMs, just not with adding one who is less mobile than nearly 36 year old Joao Moutinho and scores fewer goals than Leander Dendoncker.

It's moot really as Neves isn't staying. He definitely won't be here at the end of the window, he's made it clear he wants to leave and no matter how much posturing happens over the fee, he will go.

I love Neves but with the way they're running things now we can't even really afford to keep him as it means we've got hardly anything to use to get in players to revamp the team and so we should identify who we want and be proactive for a change. Waiting just in case Neves stays is such a nonsense as there is no guarantee the players we are coveting will even still be available by the time a bid comes in for him

There are plenty of players who can do a similar role as Palinha - it's not like we might be missing out on the next Zidane. Not sure why folk are so wound up by whether he's coming or not.

You can play two DMs, just not with adding one who is less mobile than nearly 36 year old Joao Moutinho and scores fewer goals than Leander Dendoncker.
I have no idea about the mobility aspect but I’d suggest that is quite unlikely.

I also don’t think goals from that position is a big deal. Xhaka, Partey, Lokonga, Elneny got between them in 79 combined starts.

I have no idea about the mobility aspect but I’d suggest that is quite unlikely.

I also don’t think goals from that position is a big deal. Xhaka, Partey, Lokonga, Elneny got between them in 79 combined starts.
It is a big deal when our forwards don't score many goals. Podence has about a 1 in 10 strike rate, Fabio scored 0 goals last season, I have no faith in Hwang ever topping what he managed last season which isn't enough, Raul probably isn't ever going to get 15+ like he used to again (especially with how we play).

There's absolutely zero chance Nunes would be interested in us, never mind how likely it is we'd stump up for him. He's going to the very top.

Maybe in a couple of years. I can’t see it happening in this window so he’ll be staying at sporting if that’s his expectation.

Last edited:
We seem to have been after Palhinha for quite awhile so if they do miss out on him now it really does smack of a total lack of competence. As it is I think we're run a by a bunch of morons so it would only help confirm what I already think.

So if he wants £170k a week plus perks that's our fault ?

It is a big deal when our forwards don't score many goals. Podence has about a 1 in 10 strike rate, Fabio scored 0 goals last season, I have no faith in Hwang ever topping what he managed last season which isn't enough, Raul probably isn't ever going to get 15+ like he used to again (especially with how we play).
That’s a seperate issue. We can’t sign a CB and prioritise his goalscoring record over his primary role because the rest of the team aren’t good enough at their primary role. We either need to sign new forwards or get more out the ones we have. It’s going to have to be latter as we have no money and we aren’t getting refunds on Hwang or Fabio.

Podence/Traore - MGW - Neto, with Raul up top should be plenty to stay up, which looks the extent of our ambitions.

Raul may still have something to offer if we actually try/find a way of creating chances.

People are speculating he may choose Fulham over us because they are offering more money or we won't firm anything up until Neves is sold. Well here's another alternative, again not based on any knowledge. He's just spent a fortnight in a camp with 2 current players and a nunber of past ones, what if he got the message ffs don't do it the Board is clueless and the manager powerless/useless?

Well we are only doing the Palhinha deal if we sell Neves. He is the number 1 target. Otherwise we’d have signed him already independent of the Neves situation.

I’m repeating myself but I reckon they are happy with Neves/Palhinha, Donk, Moutinho and Cundle/U23s like they did last year.
You are not far off on the Neves/Palhinha part. A mobile centre mid to compliment what we have will be coming in. Hoping to get Cundle a good loan.

The excitement levels when you see GFFH has posted..

Although he has just confirmed that Donck and Jordao will be our midfield next/this season...

People are speculating he may choose Fulham over us because they are offering more money or we won't firm anything up until Neves is sold. Well here's another alternative, again not based on any knowledge. He's just spent a fortnight in a camp with 2 current players and a nunber of past ones, what if he got the message ffs don't do it the Board is clueless and the manager powerless/useless?
Mout being a bastard to ensure he gets a new deal and at least 32 starts?

You are not far off on the Neves/Palhinha part. A mobile centre mid to compliment what we have will be coming in. Hoping to get Cundle a good loan.
Well that’s good to know they aren’t stupid enough to only want 3 CMs with one of them being 36

Maybe he doesn't like the players he knows?

Wherever Palhinha goes it’s because he and Mendes want him to start majority of games (World Cup year)
At the moment Neves is still a wolf…

Don't you get my hopes up, you bastard.

Back