• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Mout being a bastard to ensure he gets a new deal and at least 32 starts?
Nobody knows do they? Just like Fulham offering more money or him only being wanted in a Nevesless world. The only real certainty is he knew about our interest given it was plastered everywhere and it'd be very strange for him to not discuss it with Neves and Moutinho unless as Mark speculates he doesn't like them. I'm sure both will have a view on why last season went to rat shit and it's not inconceivable their conclusions are off the pitch reasons

Edit posted before I saw GFFH's post.

You are not far off on the Neves/Palhinha part. A mobile centre mid to compliment what we have will be coming in. Hoping to get Cundle a good loan.
Nunes looks like the man they want.

To be honest, one of Neves/Palhinha with Moutinho/Donk next to them and Nunes playing more advanced sounds alright to me. MGW would then presumably compete in the wide forward roles (which again I’m fine with).

Obviously a lot depends on:
A) Neves going & Palhinha still being available
B) Moutinho signing a new deal and still being fit enough to feature heavily
C) us signing Nunes (he sounds out of our reach)

At least you can sort of understand the thinking. But I still think it’s a window to be proactive rather than reactive.

To be honest, one of Neves/Palhinha with Moutinho/Donk next to them and Nunes playing more advanced sounds alright to me. MGW would then presumably compete in the wide forward roles (which again I’m fine with).

At least you can sort of understand the thinking. But I still think it’s a window to be proactive rather than reactive.
If we really want MGW to compete as a wide forward I wouldn't be thinking twice about taking the £25m and if I were him I'd be forcing the move

Bruno looking to stay with a two man midfield for the majority of the time. Joao & Leander offering experienced cover and to be the extra man when we need three in there.

3 posts in 10 minutes from GFFH means we're either spoiled or he got hacked.

If we really want MGW to compete as a wide forward I wouldn't be thinking twice about taking the £25m and if I were him I'd be forcing the move

It’s pretty much what he did for large parts of last season though. He’s probably still not quite there physically to play deeper yet for me.

Let’s hope Joao signs what we’re offering him then too!

It’s pretty much what he did for large parts of last season though. He’s probably still not quite there physically to play deeper yet for me.
He didn't, much more as part of a double 8/10 behind a 9

Bruno looking to stay with a two man midfield for the majority of the time. Joao & Leander offering experienced cover and to be the extra man when we need three in there.
Sounds like 5 at the back is here to stay then. Quite disappointed with that. Unless he’s going to have us playing some sort of hybrid 4-4-2, but we don’t have the players to do that as it stands.

but we don’t have the players to do that as it stands.

Luckily in a period of time where we can sign players to fit into a new system (insert joke about someone telling Jeff and Scott about this here)

Has the Wolves Twitter following dropped to 1876 yet?

Which is what we should have when playing 343?
We don't though. They play outside the forward not behind him the majority of the time, Podence probably being the exception. I mean we've even shoved Donck out there

I don't recall us ever playing Donck as a proper winger, but he was definitely expected to provide width on that side and he really didn't link up that well with any RWB not named Semedo (and even then they didn't exactly create a boatload).

I don't recall us ever playing Donck as a proper winger, but he was definitely expected to provide width on that side and he really didn't link up that well with any RWB not named Semedo (and even then they didn't exactly create a boatload).
None of them play as proper wingers. There were some games where Donck played in what looked like a midfield 3, but he ended up being pushed out to the right, but there were a couple where he played as the wide forward. My memory is crap, but Norwich in the Cup might have been one of them

Back