• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Wherever he goes that's a lot of money for a player of his profile. Seems a lot of clubs are interested in paying somewhere around there though. You never know with our recruitment, but it doesn't feel accurate at that price.

I wonder if the reason we haven't 'pulled the trigger' on Palhinha is that we think we can get Matheus now.

It doesn't really fit our model, for us to be able to get a return on this guy he's going to have to be seriously good. Maybe he is, but it feels like a bit of a risk

It doesn't really fit our model, for us to be able to get a return on this guy he's going to have to be seriously good. Maybe he is, but it feels like a bit of a risk
That's principally why I don't believe it. Assuming he leaves we'd be swapping him for Neves financially

Semedo and Jimenez would be similar deals, big investment, low chance of profit. They happen sometimes.

He would'nt be here for long. Pep wants him, 1 or 2 good seasons at Wolves and we'll get £70+ for him.

If we have the capital its a slam-dunk investment decision. Its absolutely what Fosun should be doing (see RAN too). Whether they do it says a lot I think.

Nunes is the profile we should be looking for to go next to a more defensive midfielder (regardless of shape), it’s just the chances of him wanting to come here and us having the money (especially if Ruben stayed for example). If we could squeeze 20 from Leeds for Adama that would be a good start I suppose

It's my belief both of these deals happened before we implemented the austerity strategy
Raul maybe not not Semedo.

Don’t think it works like that anyway with Mendes involved anyway. We get what we can take we then just need to balance it out financially

We spent €40m on someone who had made zero impact in senior football. So €50m for someone already making waves is a no brainer.

Still, have no idea if it’s likely. If Mendes thinks it’s a good idea to prepare the player for City then it might happen.

He's good enough to go to City or Liverpool right now, he's that good. Think both of those clubs have done their business for the summer already though (once City wrap up Cucurella) and will probably wait till next summer to sign a midfielder.

Might be that they think the best chance of getting City/Liverpool to target him is with a season or 2 of Premier League football.

He's good enough to go to City or Liverpool right now, he's that good. Think both of those clubs have done their business for the summer already though (once City wrap up Cucurella) and will probably wait till next summer to sign a midfielder.
Sounds like city are signing Phillips too. Talk that Liverpool are waiting til next summer but he’d be a good fit for either

This was the whole story with Dias.

We knew he was good, he was Portuguese, we knew he was worth the £50m……but we didn’t buy him……for whatever reason.

That season, if we’d have paid the money, Dias would have been our player.

Exactly the same now.

Sorry guys, absolutely no way can I see us parting with over £40m for a defender.

Just not happening.

Back