• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I could easily imagine if things aren't going well MGW would get the Keogh Treatment off the morons within our support.

He'll be damned if he goes and dammed if he stays imo. I hope he tears it up at a club with a bit of ambition.

Wouldn’t blame MGW in the slightest for wanting to go, and if he won’t sign a new deal then we have to take the money if offered really.

Even if we were actually trying to sign anyone, it’s hard to make a case for us being somewhere people would want to come when we clearly have no ambition

This is my issue too. He can't play the way he wants with these players and if we don't change the squad then he'll be gone inside 10 games.
giphy.gif

Disappointed if MGW goes, we've not handled him very well imo, but if he's made his mind up to try somewhere else then 23-25m is about right, think we might end up regretting it though.

If he won’t sign a deal we’ve got no choice but to sell. Also he’s the only player outside of Neves we can sell to raise cash, particularly as in a 343 (still to be seen what the plan is for next year), he doesn’t make the team. I don’t think he is/will be a top half player but I’d like to find out.

Maybe the club already already think they know where he’s at? You could argue if clubs thought he was a top talent then teams higher up the food chain than relegation favourites Forest would be interested knowing he was available.

This is my issue too. He can't play the way he wants with these players and if we don't change the squad then he'll be gone inside 10 games.
I have no idea how he wants to play. I don't think there's any grand vision, he just isn't very good.

Twitter in meltdown because we’ve let a League 2 defender go on loan because he’s less likely to play EPL than I am.

Same people that would be in meltdown if the kid actually started a game of football for us.

Perspective gone out the window.

Twitter in meltdown because we’ve let a League 2 defender go on loan because he’s less likely to play EPL than I am.

Same people that would be in meltdown if the kid actually started a game of football for us.

Perspective gone out the window.
Who's that?

That's the level of their football 'content' at the moment.....
They could easily find people to write the same stuff for free on an exposure only basis, and it'd be 100 times better. But they know best.
Interesting suggestion. I think I heard the club did once invite someone to write for free on an exposure only basis. From what I hear, 'the writer' talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk and nothing came of it.. Probably not for the first time, and almost certainly not the last.

I can't imagine we ever were. The last player we signed from the English league for the first team was Adama I think and that was very much at Nuno's request. We are way too self smart to scout the Championship

Last edited:
Sorry, yes, I meant Bolla.

And I don’t actually know if he’s League 2 quality - fair enough - but I’d guess not does anyone else.

I’m hearing lots of Cundle, MGW, Bolla, Chiquinho chat on here……..quick reminder that we were in serious relegation form without any of those guys at the end of last season.

Nothing much to suggest that those boys are going to make things a whole lot better.

Are you?
MGW I give you, although I think most think he'll go
Chiquinho to stay as an option, but I don't think anyone is saying he's going to be anything other than a decent squad player, but would much rather have him come on and have an impact than Hwang
Bolla as a back up full back rather than keeping Hoever
Cundle pretty much everyone thinks needs a season in the Championship to toughen up.

With the MGW exception they aren't being offered as saviours just options to alternatives in a small squad

Cundle isn’t going anywhere on loan, website says he’s 1 of our 4 first team midfielders .
1 goalkeeper,
8 defenders,
6 attackers if anyone is wondering

Back