• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Walcott has 7
Theo Walcott shall remain Emperor of this until he retires.

Not really, should have been more prolific than he was but Walcott has 78 goals and 54 assists in 377 appearances, which puts him 55th in all time Prem goals. Compare that to Traores 8 goals and 14 assists in 168 and you can see he is way off the pace compared to Walcott.

Sorry to be all funvacuum but you most know I love base statistics!

I still feel like we missed a trick not trying Adama as a number 10.

He's a better finisher than he is crosser and with the amount of 1 on 1s he'd fashion, he'd surely be able to get a few goals just through attrition.

He's a better finisher than he is crosser and with the amount of 1 on 1s he'd fashion, he'd surely be able to get a few goals just through attrition.
Lets not sugar coat thisisgil. It is a truly horrendous statement to make, get in the sea and take Adama with you.

I don't think I've ever contemplate this move but it would've been interesting to see what might have happened with him if they'd carried on playing as they did in the first few games of Lage's reign. Playing off the left he was making far more runs in behind than we'd ever seen from him before and he was getting better chances as a result, though he fluffed his lines every time in those games.

Maybe if that trend had continued and we saw a lot more of Traore in bonafide goal scoring positions then there could have been opportunity to work more on his finishing and see if more of those chances converted into goals. There were the occasional good finishes from him but considering he's predominantly been a chalk on your boots winger I doubt it's ever been an area of his game any coach has looked to work much on with him.

I don't think he'd have ever get anywhere near being some sort of Bolt/Lewandowski super weapon but if he'd got to a point where he was even bagging 1/3 of those type of chances and getting into those positions as regularly as he did in the opening games he'd probably get around 10 a season.

We are now reaping what Jeff has sowed for the last 4 transfer windows…

There has been a baffling babble of statements about investing, diversifying, breaking even, but we have neglected our core business.

The collective state of mind has gone, the squad in a state of decay. We have a third rate manager and when we lose Neves we are going to do something that Scott Sellars thinks is clever to replace him (I’m scared to think what that might be).

There are no positives for the coming season - none.

We are now reaping what Jeff has sowed for the last 4 transfer windows…

There has been a baffling babble of statements about investing, diversifying, breaking even, but we have neglected our core business.

The collective state of mind has gone, the squad in a state of decay. We have a third rate manager and when we lose Neves we are going to do something that Scott Sellars thinks is clever to replace him (I’m scared to think what that might be).

There are no positives for the coming season - none.
Well that was a lovely way to start my working day :LOL:

It’s such a simple equation look after the football side of things and everything else becomes so much easier. We look like a house builder building a house without the foundations.
The hierarchy aren’t even maintaining the football side of things it’s been woefully neglected.
Gets me really angry when you can see people behaving in such a naive manner but there’s nothing you can do to stop them.
People on social media feeling sorry for Bruno well he’ll walk away with a nice compensation package after earning very nicely last season and will be able to use mitigation when applying for a job back in Portugal.
The good times look like they’ve come and gone without being fully able to appreciate it.

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Back