• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Looks like Bruno in a roundabout sort of way has slapped a £100m price tag on Neves.

Looks like Bruno in a roundabout sort of way has slapped a £100m price tag on Neves.
The e&s headline doesn't support the quote which was "in these days which club can refuse a proposal of 80, 90 or 100 million pounds?"

I'd be amazed if £80m is out there for Neves, but if it is he's correct we can't say no.

The problem you've got is if the bloke wants to go there's nothing you can do.

I think it is purely to put a kill on the rumours on Man United websites that they could get him for £40m. Nothing more, nothing less than that.

I still think we’d sell Neves for anything over £45m personally. Especially if it’s a move he wants. We pretty much proved that with Jota

Neves currently trending on Twitter for three reasons.

1) Bruno slapping a £100m price tag on his head (not even sure that’s what he did)
2) winning player of the month for march
3) the Man Utd link

Jota wasn’t a guaranteed starter. No comparison.
1) Vice captain
2) Proven everything he needs to prove
3) Great pro
4) One of our most important players
5) until this impact injury his injury record is perfect.

Anything less than £60m would be awful based off the Jota fee. Should be looking nearer to £80m though

I think it is purely to put a kill on the rumours on Man United websites that they could get him for £40m. Nothing more, nothing less than that.
The apocalypse itself could happen and there'll still be made up Man Utd rumours nearly every day. Its basically a cottage industry at this point.

1) Vice captain
3) Great pro

Anything less than £60m would be awful based off the Jota fee. Should be looking nearer to £80m though
I'm not going to quote the numerous qualities he has, but the club won't be interested in any of those 5 points.

2years on his contract, not first choice for his country, not a prolific scorer or assister, realistically if we get £50m we've got about par I'd say.

I'm not going to quote the numerous qualities he has, but the club won't be interested in any of those 5 points.

2years on his contract, not first choice for his country, not a prolific scorer or assister, realistically if we get £50m we've got about par I'd say.
Which club? Us or them?

It’s a nothing debate as there’s no way of saying someone is right or wrong, but as I said I’d be dissapointed with less than £60m

I’d also say 4 goals and 2 assists is good for a non penalty taking CM in a non dominant team. Which is more than Fabinho, Jorginho, Rodri, Hojberg, Partey for example.

Which club? Us or them?

It’s a nothing debate as there’s no way of saying someone is right or wrong, but as I said I’d be dissapointed with less than £60m

I’d also say 4 goals and 2 assists is good for a non penalty taking CM in a non dominant team. Which is more than Fabinho, Jorginho, Rodri, Hojberg, Partey for example.
Us. Fabinho has more goals this season, but that's not really the point. If someone offered £40m we'd likely say yes, £45m, they'd snap their hands off imo. Utd being Utd we may squeeze them to £50m. They'd see it as a great roi.

Bruno in his Spiers piece today said something like if we can take a player, improve them and sell them for a profit in 2/3 years then that's good. It's disappointing, but that's the model, we aren't holding out for £60m, we'll say yes way before that if it's offered

1) Vice captain
3) Great pro

Exactly. Neves should go for a lot more than Jota.

Us. Fabinho has more goals this season, but that's not really the point. If someone offered £40m we'd likely say yes, £45m, they'd snap their hands off imo. Utd being Utd we may squeeze them to £50m. They'd see it as a great roi.

Bruno in his Spiers piece today said something like if we can take a player, improve them and sell them for a profit in 2/3 years then that's good. It's disappointing, but that's the model, we aren't holding out for £60m, we'll say yes way before that if it's offered
Two pens for Fabinho though, I always do my research TT!

£40m would be awful business and would be a pretty shit return on investment. I’d honestly say that was incompetence. If your right and that happens they should all be sacked.

Last edited:

Absolute nonsense Tony.

Back