• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

"Reinvest? I don't know this word" - Jeff Shi, probably

The danger with Neves has always been them coming in late after taking De Jong's 35th no as final. If the price is right I think Shi will take it irrespective of how late that is or the ability to reinvest
If we've bought any of the players we needed and not sold Neves by the deadline day I'd hope somebody steals the charlatans phone and locks him out of his office all day.

If we've bought any of the players we needed and not sold Neves by the deadline day I'd hope somebody steals the charlatans phone and locks him out of his office all day.
I’m on annual leave deadline day. Consider it done

You’d hope Guo had a word in Spain with our glorious leader and told him “ spend some fucking money Jeff and stop being a prick about it” last week

I’m quite resigned to neves going with no time to replace him tbh. But I can only see United paying what we want.

I think they are only mentioning Neves because it looks like De Jong is a dead duck. I'm not convinced in any way that United will pay what we want, especially as they could probably try for Tielemanns.

If we get some good results from the first few given it’s a generous start then he could turn so heads.

I’d like to think the club aren’t stupid enough to accept anything super late on with no contingency plan.

I think they are only mentioning Neves because it looks like De Jong is a dead duck. I'm not convinced in any way that United will pay what we want, especially as they could probably try for Tielemanns.
Yes I can see Leicester letting him go as he’s entering the last year of his contract and they do have a sell to buy policy this summer.

They've been openly touting him all Summer and are playing him with the 2nd team in friendlies but a bit like Neves he's on people's list, but not at the top. They are different enough to be able to play together. Utd could do a loss worse.tham signing both

I still think United will sign de jong. I can’t believe they have been after him for so long without reassurance or him saying he’s keen.

That being said, they bought slabhead for 80m. But point still stands.

I’d like to think the board aren’t stupid enough to let neves go last minute without replacement lined up. That will be an all time high for them in stupidity

Barcelona owe him a fortune in wages from Covid deferment, until they or someone else pay him that then he's not leaving. Rumours Chelsea will

No chance on earth United sign both of Tielemanns and Neves. Both clubs will make either deal bloody expensive.

De Jong looks like he might be heading into the Chelsea scatter gun approach which is intriguing but I don't think United are interested in Neves at all. The SSN story is full of conjecture and a re-hash of the supposed United interest from May. The story is complete fucking crap like virtually everything they "generate".

Barcelona owe him a fortune in wages from Covid deferment, until they or someone else pay him that then he's not leaving. Rumours Chelsea will
I can’t see how another club will pay the wages he is owed by Barca, on top of the new wages he will get with them.

Baffled by Barca to be honest and how they can sign players but not pay money owed in wages etc

Tielemans only has 12 months left on his contract. They're not getting what they paid for him. If he doesn't leave this summer then he'll likely just run his contract down and Leicester won't want that to happen.

I read a rumour he's about to sign a new contract any way.

Leicester seem to have a fairly urgent sell to buy need, if one believes a word that comes out of Rodgers mouth*

*this should probably not be a given!

I can’t see how another club will pay the wages he is owed by Barca, on top of the new wages he will get with them.

Baffled by Barca to be honest and how they can sign players but not pay money owed in wages etc
Because typically they think that being Barca means they can do whatever they want.

They can only get out of paying him what he's owed if he agrees to it. Apparently playing for Barca should be enough reason for him to do so.

Meanwhile they're mortgaging their future (again) and kicking the financial can down the road (again) in order to try and get back to some semblance of a competitive team.

I hope the whole thing blows up in their faces. Vile club, crooks and charlatans. Not that they're alone in that, but they're especially egregious.

Leicester seem to have a fairly urgent sell to buy need, if one believes a word that comes out of Rodgers mouth*

*this should probably not be a given!
Vardy is a year older, and his replacements are very hit or miss. If Leicester do sell all of Tielemanns, Maddison, and Schmeichel, then they need to invest that money wisely or they could really struggle.

Vardy is a year older, and his replacements are very hit or miss. If Leicester do sell all of Tielemanns, Maddison, and Schmeichel, then they need to invest that money wisely or they could really struggle.

Especially with this being the year Rodgers usually runs out of ideas.

In other lazy links Traore has been linked to Spurs again.

Back