• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Selling him on the cheap to help him out basically. Would be commendable if we weren’t so obsessed with not spending money

Hope this comes good but personally think this is too much. He's certainly not that much better than Neto, Podence from what I've seen. But, we need people in, as we know.

Striker and a CM (for the love of god, please) and we might be ok

-edit- £12m for Coady does seem low but there is the helping him out part, plus there aren't going to be that many teams in for him. If we're adamant he's out then we probably can't string it out hoping for a bidding war as there won't be one.

For £12m I'd want the add ons to be considerable and very attainable. Also worth pointing out that Huddersfield will take an unspecified % of £10m of it

Hope this comes good but personally think this is too much. He's certainly not that much better than Neto, Podence from what I've seen. But, we need people in, as we know.

Striker and a CM (for the love of god, please) and we might be ok

-edit- £12m for Coady does seem low but there is the helping him out part, plus there aren't going to be that many teams in for him. If we're adamant he's out then we probably can't string it out hoping for a bidding war as there won't be one.
Linked with Nico Gonzalez again this morning. May of course be a rehash but nevertheless it's at least something out there.

If we lose Coady but gain Guedes, Gonzalez and Batshuayi I think that would be a good window.

At least we'd have a functioning squad.

Linked with Nico Gonzalez again this morning. May of course be a rehash but nevertheless it's at least something out there.

If we lose Coady but gain Guedes, Gonzalez and Batshuayi I think that would be a good window.

At least we'd have a functioning squad.
No real fan of Batshuayi or Guedes, but in the current situation, I'd be of the same view.

Potentially having a bench of Sarkic, Boly, Toti/Mosquera, Jonny, Dendoncker, Adama, Hwang, MGW/Podence/Guedes, Batshuayi is quite the difference from yesterday.

Not seen much of Brereton Diaz but has an eye for goals and apparently not that expensive. Worth a punt ?

Not seen much of Brereton Diaz but has an eye for goals and apparently not that expensive. Worth a punt ?

I've gone on record that im not sure he'll make the step up. He's only really had one good half season but I'd take him over Guedes.

So we're broke, have to sell to buy (apparently) yet are quite happy to loan first team players our rather than outright sell them.

Why would anyone believe a word the club says at this point. They can't even keep their own lies straight.

Incomings depending on sales must be bollocks then as otherwise it makes no sense to do that.

If we accept the premise that we need to sell players to help with purchases (we don't), then this is one of the best ways to do it.

I'm gutted he's going though, because he's been one of our all time best signings and is Wolves through and through.

Incomings depending on sales must be bollocks then as otherwise it makes no sense to do that.

It's being reported as an obligation so the money is as good as ours but it's just an accounting fiddle for Everton..

Back