• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

They might have refused to let him go until they'd qualified for the CL, but that hat trick is probably going to be why we won't get him.

Edit he played and scored against Newcastle in pre season

Benfica have been expecting us to be in for Ramos for a while now by the sounds of it.

Why have we waited and waited if he's a top target for us? Sounds like the usual wait and see if we can get him slightly cheaper then get gazumped by someone who isn't going to piss about.

We want a loan with an obligation to buy next year from the stuff reported in Portugal. Guess they want a straight up transfer if its happening

Looking at some of the names we've been linked with this summer, you can't help but laugh if we end up with Che Adams.

Reactions: b3h
If we really were after Ramos then it will be so frustrating if he goes to Newcastle and does well.

Enzo Fernandez seems to have had a great start to his Benfica career too. Another one we missed out on.

Reactions: b3h
If we really were after Ramos then it will be so frustrating if he goes to Newcastle and does well.

Enzo Fernandez seems to have had a great start to his Benfica career too. Another one we missed out on.
You can't expect us to be successful with every single bid for every single player .

For every player we successfully sign - we might have a bid in / expressed an interest in 7/8 others .

Bear in mind - in a lot of cases it is the player that does not want to come to us , regardless of what money is paid . In other cases the player might have had attitude issues in the past or has a poor injury record and therefore we end up bidding less .

Finding new players is far from a perfect science .

Not sure we were ever going to seriously rival Benfica, for a young south American it's a well trodden proven path. Going direct to the PL is a big risk.

Not sure we were ever going to seriously rival Benfica, for a young south American it's a well trodden proven path. Going direct to the PL is a big risk.

Helps Jorge keep the money flowing too, few intermediate transfers steadily rising in value rather than let them jump straight to a top league at bargain prices.

You can't expect us to be successful with every single bid for every single player .

For every player we successfully sign - we might have a bid in / expressed an interest in 7/8 others .

Bear in mind - in a lot of cases it is the player that does not want to come to us , regardless of what money is paid . In other cases the player might have had attitude issues in the past or has a poor injury record and therefore we end up bidding less .

Finding new players is far from a perfect science .
My word, there's been some patronising guff on here but this may be the gold medal post.

My word, there's been some patronising guff on here but this may be the gold medal post.
No it's not .

Every single failed transfer here - player that we were supposed to be chasing - is constantly blamed on Jeff / Sellars / Fosun , taking the wrong approach , not offering enough money etc etc .

You would think at times that some posters were actually sitting at the table at the critical moment that the potential transfer was being discussed / or was part of the Zoom call with the player / agent .
None of this is true - posters here are reacting to twitter posts / rumours etc and the veracity of all of these leaves a lot to be desired .

I get the frustration - I do . I'm as much as Wolves supporter as the rest of you . However believing that identifying a player that we would like on our books and actually getting that player to sign will happen in a few weeks is bonkers . A lot of work goes into it .
Yes - sure mistakes are made along the way - who doesn't make mistakes ?
People's expectation levels are far too high is what comes across all the time . We are no more entitled to sign a whole host of quality players than any other club at our level .

I always read his posts imagining the voice of Father Dougal
And I always read yours thinking of Ronaldo ( not the goal scoring version ) . Everything must happen now !

Listen Tony , I'm not trying to pick fights with other posters , but people's expectation levels are just too high around here .

I am aware of that but I don't think we are currently very good at it.
I'd answer that by saying that , yes mistakes are made..........but lots of clubs make mistakes in chasing unrealistic targets .

We are far from along in being frustrated with the pace of new additions .

If we end up signing 4 new players - all first team ready - before the end of the deadline.....then yes , it would have been nice to achieve that by June 15th - but is that really realistic ? As long as we get the number we feel we need by the end of the deadline , then we should be pleased .

No it's not .

Every single failed transfer here - player that we were supposed to be chasing - is constantly blamed on Jeff / Sellars / Fosun , taking the wrong approach , not offering enough money etc etc .

You would think at times that some posters were actually sitting at the table at the critical moment that the potential transfer was being discussed / or was part of the Zoom call with the player / agent .
None of this is true - posters here are reacting to twitter posts / rumours etc and the veracity of all of these leaves a lot to be desired .

I get the frustration - I do . I'm as much as Wolves supporter as the rest of you . However believing that identifying a player that we would like on our books and actually getting that player to sign will happen in a few weeks is bonkers . A lot of work goes into it .
Yes - sure mistakes are made along the way - who doesn't make mistakes ?
People's expectation levels are far too high is what comes across all the time . We are no more entitled to sign a whole host of quality players than any other club at our level .
Almost as good as before but not quite.

Take your patronising crap elsewhere.

Almost as good as before but not quite.

Take your patronising crap elsewhere.
He doesn't mean to be patronising, he genuinely believes he has a better understanding and is making eye opening points to enlighten us

Back