• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Every fucking window there's some shmuck who babbles on about how hard it can be to buy players, as if it's a struggle isolated to just the current window. Our recruitment quality *and* quantity has been shit for 6 successive windows. That's not down to market complexities, it's down to a downscaling of ambition and investment, and the fact that we've made The Athletic's downgrade from Spiers to Madelely look like the swap of the centrury when you compare us going from Thelwell to Sellars
Even if you ignore the history, the desire of a few to defend the indefensible is mind boggling. It's like the first 5 games of the season don't count, whilst we try to get deals done. That bench last week and the one we'll see unless there are any surprises tomorrow is as a shameful indictment as you can get, but some are happy to use injuries and recruitment being tough as an excuse. Neither are, we can't afford to be patient with the squad as thin as it is. Happy to wait for priority targets, but if that's the strategy then we needed some depth in the meantime. Hwang2 for peanuts would be better than the absolute zero option we will have tomorrow. Get an improvement later in the window and he moves down the pecking order, don't and at least there's something.

We are already 1-3 points down on what we should have because of the recruitment and if we weren't to win tomorrow it's much more likely to be an act of self sabotage than anything Fulham do.

It's so difficult to sign players that Forest are gonna do another THREE today.

Remember Fulham doing bits three seasons ago?

Don't really give a shit what Forest do as long as it is walk away from any MGW deal.

Remember Fulham doing bits three seasons ago?

Don't really give a shit what Forest do as long as it is walk away from any MGW deal.
I don't care about their signings. It does however show that signings aren't as difficult as our club likes to make out.

David Moyes confirms they were also in for Nunes and he turned them down too.

Emmanuel Dennis to forest for £15m is good business.

I'd wager he'll have a better G and A return than MGW

West Ham put a low bid in for Nunes and got told to do one. Player also told them he is not interested in joining them.

Timmy doing what his replacement can't do...

Wolverhampton Wanderers head coach Bruno Lage says Conor Coady left the club on good terms — as he eyes up “three or four” more signings before the end of the transfer window.

One one hand that's great...on t'other, we know where this leads and the presser from Bruno will be playing down the lack of 3 or 4 signings. Hope I am wrong but you know, its what we do.

Almost as good as before but not quite.

Take your patronising crap elsewhere.
I'm going no where Johnny .

We're all entitled to a viewpoint , as long as we express it in a fair and reasonable manner .

All anyone of us has is an opinion of what we would like to happen , or think should happen . None of us knows what definitely happens . None of us knows everything that happens behind the scenes , we hear some bits , that's all .

You're more than entitled to express a view the same as the rest of us , but you definitely do not have a right to demand that anyone who disagrees disappears . We wouldn't have much of a forum then , would we .

He doesn't mean to be patronising, he genuinely believes he has a better understanding and is making eye opening points to enlighten us
There you go again Tony . Looking down on any poster that dares to disagree with you .

You need to let it go Tony .

Timmy doing what his replacement can't do...

Wolverhampton Wanderers head coach Bruno Lage says Conor Coady left the club on good terms — as he eyes up “three or four” more signings before the end of the transfer window.

One one hand that's great...on t'other, we know where this leads and the presser from Bruno will be playing down the lack of 3 or 4 signings. Hope I am wrong but you know, its what we do.
Lage often does that and it would be fine if it worked . He talks way too much on topics he has little control over .

If we do get 3 or 4 in , I'll be happy to be proven wrong .

Strikes me as if Nunes is a very hard boy to please , wonder is he worth all the effort ?
Doubt we'll know unless he signs.
It does seem he wants one of the big teams but doesn't sound like they're that interested.
If he wants to prove himself in the Premier league, would have thought Wolves or West Ham would be perfect for him, would just need a release clause in his contract.

I don't care about their signings. It does however show that signings aren't as difficult as our club likes to make out.
I mean, I don't think anyone doubts we could sign dozens of players if we were willing to break the bank on any old shit. The right signings are more difficult (and I'm not willing to defend the club on that front either).

I'm going no where Johnny .

We're all entitled to a viewpoint , as long as we express it in a fair and reasonable manner .

All anyone of us has is an opinion of what we would like to happen , or think should happen . None of us knows what definitely happens . None of us knows everything that happens behind the scenes , we hear some bits , that's all .

You're more than entitled to express a view the same as the rest of us , but you definitely do not have a right to demand that anyone who disagrees disappears . We wouldn't have much of a forum then , would we .
OK, let me ask you a question As you're asserting it's hard to do transfers and attract players what experience do you have in this?

Have you completed transfers, been a football chairman, manager, agent or player?

If so how do you know it's hard and why do you think it's not easy?

There you go again Tony . Looking down on any poster that dares to disagree with you .

You need to let it go Tony .
You don't disagree with me because you've not actually said anything to counter any points made just platitudes about recruitment being difficult and when all the injured players are back we'll have a good squad. You also conveniently fail to answer anyone who questions if this window is a case of 'wait and see' how do you explain the previous 4 or 5? Go on, give me something to look up to

Back