• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

If you could get Trincao for £12m with performance related add ons then it might be worth doing, and then a contract at around the 60k mark.

Certainly don’t want to be paying £25m for him, he hasn’t justified that. So send him back and see if you can do a deal with Barca. If they are desperate to get rid then they’ll budge. If they won’t budge then they can keep him and his wages on the books…

If Trincy could stop being such a wimp he’d do pretty well. Could see:

Neto - MGW - Trincy
——— Raul

being quite decent.

Sounds like Arsenal are moving for Tielemans, so you'd think that would rule them out for Neves.

I'd sign trincao, he looks like an actual footballer and is only 22. But only if we're going to play in a way that actually works for him.
I agree I think he will be a good player and we will regret it if we don’t sign him.

trouble is he chickened out of a 75:25 in the game against West Ham. We can’t have players like that.

I'd be happy to sign Trincão if it wasn't for his wages, they're absolutely ridiculous. He has potential but there's no way I'd be risking giving him a 3/4 year contract only for him to spend most of it flattering to deceive, sat on our bench or bouncing around Europe on loan at £130K+ a week or whatever it is that he's on.

I'd happily sign him if it wasn't for the wages, fee and the fact he has the heart the size of a pea. The odd fleeting glimpse of talent doesn't get away from the fact he's spent the vast majority of the season phoning it in.

Aye, I heard somebody say on Saturday night that if he played well in the next 3 games we should sign him. Er fuck off, what about the fact he's put in two performances in the last 8 months?!

I agree that the next 3 games shouldn't have much baring on it but equally his career didn't start when he joined Wolves either, he'd already shown enough to earn a big money move to Barcelona (and their fans weren't exactly happy to lose him).

We've had a few wingers come in recently and show the same kind of reluctance to get involved in the more physical side of English football only to adapt and then kick on. Helder Costa for example looked absolutely terrified of contact when he first joined. They can't all be little pitbulls straight away like Diogo Jota was.

If we think that his physicality can be improved upon, and while he does bottle challenges he's actually a really hard worker and an intelligent presser, then he might be worth a shot.

I don't think £20-25M is outrageous for him, his wages ARE outrageous though and they've got to drop if we're going to commit to a permanent contract.

When your net spend across the last couple of years is £0 then £19m is a lot of money for a player who you've had on loan for a season and at best are unsure about.

And yet we've committed to buying Hwang for a couple of half decent games before Xmas..

I agree that the next 3 games shouldn't have much baring on it but equally his career didn't start when he joined Wolves either, he'd already shown enough to earn a big money move to Barcelona (and their fans weren't exactly happy to lose him).

We've had a few wingers come in recently and show the same kind of reluctance to get involved in the more physical side of English football only to adapt and then kick on. Helder Costa for example looked absolutely terrified of contact when he first joined. They can't all be little pitbulls straight away like Diogo Jota was.

If we think that his physicality can be improved upon, and while he does bottle challenges he's actually a really hard worker and an intelligent presser, then he might be worth a shot.

I don't think £20-25M is outrageous for him, his wages ARE outrageous though and they've got to drop if we're going to commit to a permanent contract.
I think the Costa comparison is fair in both heart and ability.

Bielsa didnt fancy him either and he's only player half a dozen games for Valencia all season. Top flight football isnt for Helder sadly.

Bit harsh IMO, I think Trincão has much more ability than Costa.

Hwang is a fucking weird footballer. Sometimes he looks like he couldn't trap cement and then he came on on Saturday and the ball just stuck to him.

I appreciate Trincao and his physicality will always polarise opinion, but I'd have taken him over Hwang if the decision was being made at any point this season. Only the commercials can have made the choice that's been taken.

That said, I'm still not sure I'd have taken either for what we need and where we are financially, but the same can be said for a number/most of our recent signings. Podence, Hwang, Semedo, Hoever, Trincao and Silva all fall into the "Really?" bracket for me.

Back