• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Raul must be worth more than £15m, if Trincao is 'worth' £25m.
But Trincao isn’t worth that. The fact that was the fee agreed if we wanted to sign him is irrelevant now we’ve seen he’s as suited to the PL as a shark is to a goldfish bowl!

I`m not in favour of losing our best striker without having a replacement in the pipeline, and if they have I want to know who it is. Not that I don`t trust our recruitment team. :rolleyes:

I`m not in favour of losing our best striker without having a replacement in the pipeline, and if they have I want to know who it is. Not that I don`t trust our recruitment team. :rolleyes:
Patrick Cutrone.

;)

But Trincao isn’t worth that. The fact that was the fee agreed if we wanted to sign him is irrelevant now we’ve seen he’s as suited to the PL as a shark is to a goldfish bowl!
I guess you’d say trincao is worth more than raul just for the age factor. Sadly seems Raul has had his peak whereas trincaos should be still to come

seeing Neves trending on twitter

i79h5QD.gif

Mostly our own fans saying "he's too good for us", "he should leave we're shit", "he deserves a better club".

It's all a bit tinpot.

Not quite as tinpot as Albion fans invading the pitch when they win an U23s game though...

He's going, I think most resigned themselves to that weeks ago. Even Bruno's comments are more come and get him than he's our player and we are building a team around him. To be honest given the poor recruitment over the last 2/3 years and the lack of desire to spend much over receipts then we are probably at the stage where we have to sell him. Fully expect tomorrow to the last time I see him in person wearing a Wolves shirt

He's going, I think most resigned themselves to that weeks ago. Even Bruno's comments are more come and get him than he's our player and we are building a team around him. To be honest given the poor recruitment over the last 2/3 years and the lack of desire to spend much over receipts then we are probably at the stage where we have to sell him. Fully expect tomorrow to the last time I see him in person wearing a Wolves shirt
Looks almost certain he’ll go. Be a very sad day. I just hope it’s to Barcelona, the thought of seeing him in a MU shirt turns my stomach.

As able as he is it could be a big step towards a different style of play if he does move. I think you're always going to be wedded to having two deep central midfielders if you want to play Neves.

You look at Liverpool as an example, Fabinho gets left as the only protection to the two centre halves 90% of the time, I don't think Neves can cover the ground to do that if a team wants him to be the sole defensive presence in that position. Even City had to tweak their setup when Rodri replaced Fernandinho because he wasn't as mobile, they ended up with fullbacks tucked in rather than overlapping so there was extra cover for the centre halves.

You might not get anyone as technically good as Neves to replace him but you might get someone that helps free the team up to do something different. Someone that ends up being a better fit for a potential new style of play. Just depends how that money gets reinvested.

As able as he is it could be a big step towards a different style of play if he does move. I think you're always going to be wedded to having two deep central midfielders if you want to play Neves.

You look at Liverpool as an example, Fabinho gets left as the only protection to the two centre halves 90% of the time, I don't think Neves can cover the ground to do that if a team wants him to be the sole defensive presence in that position. Even City had to tweak their setup when Rodri replaced Fernandinho because he wasn't as mobile, they ended up with fullbacks tucked in rather than overlapping so there was extra cover for the centre halves.

You might not get anyone as technically good as Neves to replace him but you might get someone that helps free the team up to do something different. Someone that ends up being a better fit for a potential new style of play. Just depends how that money gets reinvested.
I mean, this is like when Wolves fans debated if it'd be better to sell Bully, it's never a good idea to get rid of our best player!

I feel he's going though, and dubious we will reinvest in worthy replacements.

£80m please. Then we are out of dodge with a miracle success. Rather more likely they are looking at him for when Benzema retires in a couple of years and we sell for £20m.

Just spotted Wolves have signed an entire team of guys in one go for the esports side/part of the club, which as you can imagine has gone down strikingly well from the looks of it, for those who wanted actual news.

Just spotted Wolves have signed an entire team of guys in one go for the esports side/part of the club, which as you can imagine has gone down strikingly well from the looks of it, for those who wanted actual news.
I'm sure one of them can play CB, CM or CF surely?

Back