• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

He looked really good in some games under Setien! I think it would just depend on how he’s used, what players he has around him etc. Probably too many variables to take the risk

Linked to Calvin Bassey (Rangers) & Andre Almeida (Vitoria Guimaraes).

Bassey is fucking terrible.
He’s definitely raw. Only 22, though - and has a fair bit of potential to improve. Doubt he’d come to us, though. Probably got his sights set higher.

He’s definitely raw. Only 22, though - and has a fair bit of potential to improve. Doubt he’d come to us, though. Probably got his sights set higher.
That made me laugh Jinks.

He's championship at best.

Gabby Agbonlashit was creaming himself all morning after the Europa League final about Bassey and kept mentioning him as if he was prime Maldini. Said Villa are favourites to sign him due to the Gerrard connection

That made me laugh Jinks.

He's championship at best.
We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I’ve seen a lot of Rangers and although he’s raw, you can absolutely see there’s a talent there - MOTM in the cup final today and now he has a European final on his CV too. Strong, athletic, comfortable on the ball. The Rangers fans absolutely love him.

You’re definitely the first person I’ve seen to refer to him as “terrible”, but I’m not going to try to persuade you otherwise as the links probably a load of shite anyway!

No doubt the link's bollocks.

Djimi Traore also has a European final to his name. He's equally as bad.

Bassey has been linked with a hundred clubs since Thursday. Me thinks his agent is pushing his name around to get a good move following a good performance v Frankfurt

The problem with Bassey, and any CB from Scotland who stands out even slightly, is that everyone is looking for the next Virgil van Dijk which massively inflates his price. I've seen £20M+ talked about which is crazy. There's no way he's worth that.

Only way we spend £10M on a keeper is if we decide to flip Sá for a quick profit this summer. I wouldn't put it past Wolves to do that but who's going to spend what we'd ask for Sá after the hype he's gathered this season? Everyone who has that kind of money already has a good long term keeper.

Only way we spend £10M on a keeper is if we decide to flip Sá for a quick profit this summer. I wouldn't put it past Wolves to do that but who's going to spend what we'd ask for Sá after the hype he's gathered this season? Everyone who has that kind of money already has a good long term keeper.
Yeah, agree. Nixon usually talks crap anyway doesn’t he?

There was a keeper we were linked to a while ago, quite young, maybe 17 or something possibly south American, meant to be the next big thing. No idea about his name though

Back