• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I’ve liked him but he is playing against John Lundstram…

Would depend on the numbers whether the age was a problem. £10m and 50k p/w is £7.5m per year over 2 years. That’s a bargain when you compare it to Trincao who has probably cost over £10m just for this year and we have nothing to show for it afterwards.

It’s probably a load of bollocks but we can pretend it’s not.

The same pal who told me about Hwang in December 19 and Ivan Toney before that just messaged me mentioning Bruma and Haller. I'm not ITK in the slightest, but Bruma feels like a very Wolves signing. I'd be surprised if Haller comes off. Didn't exactly set the world on fire at West Ham.

The same pal who told me about Hwang in December 19 and Ivan Toney before that just messaged me mentioning Bruma and Haller. I'm not ITK in the slightest, but Bruma feels like a very Wolves signing. I'd be surprised if Haller comes off. Didn't exactly set the world on fire at West Ham.
Haller has been on fire at Ajax. Talk of him going to Bayern.

I've not heard of bruma, is he a sweeper?

Haller has been on fire at Ajax. Talk of him going to Bayern.

Yeah plus they paid about 18million for him and you'd think they'd want closer to 30 for him now given his revival, unless he has some kind of clause.

Lage has confirmed that Marcal will leave this summer.

But he also said he wants Moutinho & Ruddy to sign new deals (wtf, Ruddy?) and he wants MGW to be part of the first team squad.

Lage has confirmed that Marcal will leave this summer.

But he also said he wants Moutinho & Ruddy to sign new deals (wtf, Ruddy?) and he wants MGW to be part of the first team squad.
Which is irrelevant since Bruno will be on a plane to Lisbon before the end of may.

As for mgw posting ‘once a blade, always a blade’ wtf does he think he is? Sean Bean? Bye bye party animal.

Which is irrelevant since Bruno will be on a plane to Lisbon before the end of may.

As for mgw posting ‘once a blade, always a blade’ wtf does he think he is? Sean Bean? Bye bye party animal.
I just hope it’s a one way ticket.

Don’t worry everyone, Bruno says he wants the squad sorted by pre season and he’s been discussing things with Jeff and Scott and they know what we need to do so I’m sure things will be fine!

Oscar Mingueza available for £4.2m from Barca. Potential cheap centre back option.

We all dream of a team of Hwang Hee Chans scans quite well.

Don’t worry everyone, Bruno says he wants the squad sorted by pre season and he’s been discussing things with Jeff and Scott and they know what we need to do so I’m sure things will be fine!
In the land of mixed messages Sellars will be along soon to say that the market doesn't really become active until after the season starts

I can see us getting a fair few Barca players after we 'sell' them Neves for £60m.
Guaranteed we'll end up with Puig. He'd be terrible in the Premier League.

Guaranteed we'll end up with Puig. He'd be terrible in the Premier League.
I've not seen much of him, is he bit lightweight?

Mind you David Silva and Juan Mata are also small and lightweight as is our very own João.

I mean Sheff Utd fans have taken to him and love him, respected his work rate and attitude. Where as a lot of Wolves fans have constantly had an agenda with him, moaned about him taking photos of himself with his girlfriend, made up stuff that he doesn't work hard enough and has fallen out with Nuno even when that didn't seem to be the case. Which was always baffling to me.

Yet we don't seem to get upset when players leaving us saying they'll always be a wolf?

It's not worth worrying about, it's just MGW saying that he's enjoyed this season - hardly surprisingly. It doesn't mean any more than that.

I've not seen much of him, is he bit lightweight?

Mind you David Silva and Juan Mata are also small and lightweight as is our very own João.

This is from a Barcelona fan:

'He is one of those players that look a step above anyone else at youth levels. Good technique, good passing, good enough at positioning and reading the game. But that is among peers his age, before they bulk up.

Puig lacks just about every else to make it at senior level. He isn't strong enough to win duels, but not exceptional enough to avoid them either. Not fast or tenacious enough to get by on making deep runs. He lacks the physical ability and skill to add anything or value defensively.

But the worst thing is he lacks experience. He should have had 80+ games on his CV by now, so he could have developed aspects of his game that would make him a viable player. But he wasn't nearly good enough to even sit on the bench at Barca and refused to go on loan twice, despite being told he needed minutes.

He is also a bit of a whiner. His family is reasonably wealthy and has connections in the media. The leaks under Koeman were mostly from journalists connected to his father, painting a picture like he was unfairly treated.'

To me, throwing a player like that into the Premier League, in a team like ours, is just a recipe for disaster.

Back