• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Yup, not saying he should be a target but you saw in the cup final the difference having a CB with pace makes with Chalobah starting for Chelsea, which seemed to be specifically to count Diaz' pace from the way he played and tracked him.

Yep, as mentioned earlier Newcastle will do that.

I think there's a little bit of Roger Johnson about Tarkowski so I'd be steering well clear.
It doesn’t fit our model really either. If we are sticking with Lage and that is likely, then why do we need more CH if we are going to a back four? We will have Kilman Boly Gomes Yerson even if Saiss leaves. Coady may also be off if we insist on the formation change. We are, however , very light in midfield and woefully goal shy. Any money from Neves, Traore and Semedo if Athletico Madrid really are keen, should be used to strengthen midfield and attacking options surely?

Hwang is better than Pukki who is pretty rubbish.
I don’t think Pukki is that good but he’s much better than Hwang. Movement is top notch but he misses a lot of chances as seen yesterday. Got double figures in his 2 premier league seasons and over 25 in his last 2 championship season, Hwang gets nowhere near that.

I don’t think Pukki is that good but he’s much better than Hwang. Movement is top notch but he misses a lot of chances as seen yesterday. Got double figures in his 2 premier league seasons and over 25 in his last 2 championship season, Hwang gets nowhere near that.
And nor does a post injury Raul. His movement is good as well. I think he would do ok for us. Another 6 goals would have been very welcome this season from our centre forward.

Cornet falls in to a similar pool of players as Adama + ASM, IMO. He’s scored a few for Burnley but I reckon he’d frustrate us as much as he’d excite us. Besides, as soon as there’s a sniff of competition from another premier league club we might as well kiss goodbye with the clowns in charge doing the negotiating.

Cornet falls in to a similar pool of players as Adama + ASM, IMO. He’s scored a few for Burnley but I reckon he’d frustrate us as much as he’d excite us. Besides, as soon as there’s a sniff of competition from another premier league club we might as well kiss goodbye with the clowns in charge doing the negotiating.
Plus he wanted out of Burnley when the going got bad. Players like that we've had in abundance down the years.

I wouldn't say they are directly comparable. Assuming we get the old Neto back then he is more skillful. Cornet is more direct and has 8 goals in 26 appearances for a team in the bottom 3. Does seem to like a sulk though. Not a fan of anyone snatching the ball off the penalty taker, even moreso when they miss

I’ve resigned myself to Neves going now. I just hope he goes abroad. I’d be gutted if he went to Man Utd.

My three great loves of the Fosun era will soon be gone: Jota, Nuno & Neves. Sad times.
Yep. The end of an era. Nobody has a dream any more. (Bruno is having a mare though).

I've been reflecting on where we go from here, particularly if Fosun continue to be thrifty. Working on the assumption that we lose Marcal, Johnny, Neves, Saiss, Cody, Podence, Traore and Jiminez, I still think we have enough of a squad to not get relegated and finally start to play 4-4-2.

A first XI of:

Sa
Semedo | Gomes/Boly | Kilman | Ait Nori
Chiquinho | Moutinho | Cundle | Neto
Gibbs White
[NEW STRIKER]

Should be good enough to stay up, providing we get the striker right.

A bench with Hoever, Mosquera, Dendoncker, Campbell, Hwang, Silva looks perhaps a little light but there's experience on there.

It's clear that Fosun need to make a handful of effective signings and at least 2 key signings to kick start the rebuild. But I honestly don't think the situation is as dire as some are making out and I can't see relegation next season.

I really hope we don't go 442. I feel like so many of our struggles in games from the 343 stem from being over ran in the middle, and don't think 442 is going to either negate that or solve the attacking issues.

Back