• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

This is such a fuck up by the club. It's more apparent by the day that we are appallingly run and seriously lack ambition. Who would be genuinely surprised if this time next year we were facing a season in the Championship? Not many, I would think.
The answer is Fosun and Jeff which is what makes it so credible.

The Roma news isn't a fresh link though just rehashed from the weekend by the E&S. If he gets a 2 year offer he'll go though unless we match it, particularly with Patricio already there imo

That's a gamble to lose moutinho & Neves.

Unless Neves has seen who we're getting in the summer and decided to stay....lol

I understand the need for a refresh, I've been arguing that we need to move on from some of this current squad for a while now. Moutinho is absolutely not one of the ones I'd move on from though. Saiss, Ruddy, Trincao, Podence, even Coady I could be on board with them going. Even Neves I would understand for the right price, even though I hate the thought of losing him. But Joao? Just seems unnecessary and easily avoidable, unless he is being an absolute dick about signing a new contract. I suspect the dickishness is coming from our side though.

If we lose both Moutinho and Neves in the same window then they need their heads read.

It all really depends on what moutinho has asked for and for how long.

It's entirely feasible his legs will have gone by Xmas.

It all really depends on what moutinho has asked for and for how long.

It's entirely feasible his legs will have gone by Xmas.
Equally it’s entirely feasible he could play 90 minutes a week most weeks. So long as he gets adequate recovery time I think he would be an asset for at least a season and given how many other experienced players are likely to be leaving to me it makes no sense letting him go.

I'd give him the 2 years...but there aren't many clubs who'd give that contract to a guy who turns 36 a month into the season, particularly if it's still in the £100k a week ball park

Barce links for Neves intensifying.

No doubt we will be happy to sell him to them for hopes, dreams and chocolate fucking buttons after our “special” Adama deal.

Barcelona would be the most palatable place from a fans perspective for obvious reasons. I think it'd prove the worst in the long run though with the bulk of the fee being made up with players who probably won't be successful.

MGW needs first team football, everyone can see that. I can't see Wolves shaping a team around him so as absurd a situation it is for us wolves fans we have to let a talented player go to a 'lower' club.

I've nothing against the lad, not sure why others would other than petty jealousy. I do take exception to his dogs having their ears cropped, but he's not on his own with that one.

Neves to Barca seems to be gaining some traction, no idea how that could work with their finances.

It's too depressing to stress out over every nugget of gossip. We all know football isn't that predictable, fortunes can change (in both directions) pretty quickly.

Maybe there's a plan (might be a shit one) and we'll get one or two decent surprises this summer, as well as a few sad goodbyes?

Equally it’s entirely feasible he could play 90 minutes a week most weeks. So long as he gets adequate recovery time I think he would be an asset for at least a season and given how many other experienced players are likely to be leaving to me it makes no sense letting him go.
I'd really like us to keep him in a squad player capacity, I wouldn't want to rely on him as a first team player for the coming season or two. A 36 year old midfielder playing in a midfield 2 in the PL doesn't sound great to me.

I don't think the fuck up here would be letting moutinho go, it's being in the position where we knew this day would come and seemingly being unprepared for it. In other words only have 2 first choice CMs since we got promoted means when one or both of them leave, the result is a big change.

MGW needs first team football, everyone can see that. I can't see Wolves shaping a team around him so as absurd a situation it is for us wolves fans we have to let a talented player go to a 'lower' club.

I've nothing against the lad, not sure why others would other than petty jealousy. I do take exception to his dogs having their ears cropped, but he's not on his own with that one.

Neves to Barca seems to be gaining some traction, no idea how that could work with their finances.
Just dont get why so many Wolves fans are against him?
He's done everything he can over the last 2 years. Had a good loan at Swansea, was bought back for no reason whatsoever and never played. Went to Sheffield and had a terrific season. Proved his quality and his attitude.
It's been said before but it's true, if he wasn't a Wolves player already, the numpties would be going mad to sign him for a bargain 20m.

Back