• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sunderland (H) 9/12 Build-Up

DQnBY0aX0AAaFol.jpg

I missed the last home game because I was sat at Stoke hospital for a pointless appointment, I'm missing this game as I'm sat at Stoke hospital with my new born son :) :) :)

If Cav scores today I might name him Ivan :)

Congratulations. Let's hope Bright scores, Bright Tredman has a ring about it.

Congrats Tredman - Big Wily to score the first, just know that you want to name him that

I missed the last home game because I was sat at Stoke hospital for a pointless appointment, I'm missing this game as I'm sat at Stoke hospital with my new born son :) :) :)

If Cav scores today I might name him Ivan :)
:D Many congrats!

We have kicked off - usual direction attacking the NB in the first half

Congrats Tredman my wife wanted to call our newest Ruben, I said no. Now I am sad.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Neves superb ball out to Cav - cross finds Douglas who hammers the ball at the goal

Saiss tries to get to it but only diverts it out for a corner - possibly on target if he hadn't touched that

Congratualtions, Tredman - all the very best to you and your wife

Cursewatch:
~ Gibson to score
~ Six including Ruddy wearing gloves
~ Attacking NB

Sunderland sitting very deep with midfield almost back on their defence

Asking us to find a way through - Doherty & Douglas playing the game almost entirely in the Sunderland half

Annoyingly, Coleman is quite good at setting a team up for a 0-0, sounds like it might need something special to get ahead in this one

You can see what the gameplan is for them - sit deep with two lines of players, and every time one of our front three gets on the ball a defender and a midfielder come forward to press them and force them off the ball. It's working so far as well, although they do look susceptible to breaks in the wide areas.

Unlike the last match this one actually might need N'Diaye rather than Saiss, just to commit an extra body forward through the middle. We don't need both Neves and Saiss in front of our defence here.

Neves ball over the top finds Jota - shot is pulled horribly away to the right

This just needs the one right ball to get behind them

Back