• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2016 Open Championship (Royal Troon), who's gonna win?

StuardoWulf

Reaction score
Just put a £5 on Colin Montgomerie (Each Way pays 7 places (sky bet)) its his home course. I think he has a chance of a place and at 250/1.......
its out there but worth a free sign up got £20 to bet on KJ getting England job 150/1 not.
McIlroy my tip to win.

Dustin Johnson is in good form but Troon isn't really for absolute bombers. His length off the tee won't necessarily be a large advantage.

Rickie Fowler maybe?

Shane Lowry's in good form and I would think big Phil may be decent too.

Phil isnt a bad shout (35/1) Lee Westwood (40/1) usually turns up, either may be worth a flutter. Fowler (30/1) looking for a place... no value in Johnson (9/1)
the forecast is iffy but Monty is teeing off early thurs/fri so may get an advantage as weather generally gets worse through the day.

yeah Justin Rose has been hitting par 4 greens off the tee in practice today! might have to pop a cheeky fiver on him as well

I think the last five Troon Opens have been won by an American so Speith might be short odds but for good reason.

Its 6 which is amazing as we know these target golfers cant play in wind, Yeah Right

Going into the final round it looks like a two way fight between Stenson and Mickleson. Though weather conditions could still play a part in proceedings.

Last edited:
Damn, should have put a bet on stenson as i almost did..hopefully a great battle between him and phil today

I hope Stenson gets it. Nothing against Phil at all - I like him a lot, but I would like to see a new major winner.

Stenson wins it at -20 and breaks Tigers lowest score..i wonder what odds i would have got..anyway, great play by both guys

Sky will be pleased, cracking coverage and possibly the best final round I've ever watched.

Absolutely amazing rounds from both of them considering the occasion. Brilliant battle for so long, but that long putt on 15 from Stenson was a real gut punch and Phil never looked like he was going to win it after that. Henrik was just too good to let it slip from there.

Mickelson will look back on that putt on 15, and the two bogies on the par 3s yesterday that Stenson birdied, as the big killers.

Sky will be pleased, cracking coverage and possibly the best final round I've ever watched.

Sky might be but the game of golf is poorer for it. Participation figures will suffer as golf becomes a rich mans sport again. The R&A can go and die in a ditch as far as I'm concerned, they sold the game down the river for money it didn't need. Fucking selfish cunts.

Effing Henrik - first time I've not bet on him for a major for a while. Usually put some money on him as his caddie is a member at the same club as me.

Sky might be but the game of golf is poorer for it. Participation figures will suffer as golf becomes a rich mans sport again. The R&A can go and die in a ditch as far as I'm concerned, they sold the game down the river for money it didn't need. $#@!ing selfish $#@!s.

Don't get me wrong I was as pissed off as anyone when the BBC lost the rights, there's no doubt though that Sky revolutionised the coverage of sport.

Their coverage is excellent and much better than the staid nonsense of Brown and Alice. But the R&A are a disgrace for doing what they have not the Beeb (and it's pretty rare I defend Aunty).

They should've made the last 2 days compulsory from the 9th hole of the leaderboard like the Masters is.

Looking forward to the highlights soon. Still extremely annoyed it is no longer on free to view. It is a fucking disgrace.

Back