• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Just hope England are getting the shit form out their system now

Livingstone has pretty much nailed his place down this week.

Got a score of sorts which from 8/3, 28/4 and 55/5 isn't too bad. Still well behind the game but at least it'll be something to bowl at.

Less overs = easier to maintain higher run rate, so wouldn’t be the equivalent of that.

If you assume that 9 an over is the rate now for a good T20 score and 6 is for a 50 over score that would say 7.5 is par for 35, so we are 35 light of a good total.

Last edited:
Topley hasn't bowled badly today but he's not on a good run in ODIs.

32-0-222-0 going back to last July

Bowling has been far better and controlled forcing NZ errors. Topley I really don’t rate but he’s been very consistent today.

NZ win the toss again and bowl again.

Malan and Woakes in for Brook and Willey.

Bairstow hits some legside dross in the air first ball and great catch by Conway.

Wood and Rashid for Atkinson and Topley and I think you've got the best 11 for the WC assuming Archer's trip to the nets was nothing more than a confidence building exercise.

Edit I don't think he's in danger but Root is truly out of form

I think he's one that needs cricket, Morgan was the opposite, he looks exactly like he's barely picked up a bat in six weeks.

Odd goings on at Edgbaston. Nothing wrong in trying to set up a match due to the lost time in the game but Warwickshire defending 11 overs in 20 minutes to ensure Northants were on time with their overs followed by a declaration, a quick 70 odd and another declaration.
Warwickshire need 176 in two sessions which seems quite generous.

Back