• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Odd goings on at Edgbaston. Nothing wrong in trying to set up a match due to the lost time in the game but Warwickshire defending 11 overs in 20 minutes to ensure Northants were on time with their overs followed by a declaration, a quick 70 odd and another declaration.
Warwickshire need 176 in two sessions which seems quite generous.
Northants need to win I think or they're basically down.

Looks like another pitch where an International par score is comfortably north of 300

You aren’t going to get raging bunsens here which might actually be a useful bit of practice.

You aren’t going to get raging bunsens here which might actually be a useful bit of practice.
Shouldn't be that way in the World Cup tbh, the ICC manage the pitches and normally do a decent job. No doubt you'll bowl more spin than you would do here or in Aus/SA/NZ but it shouldn't be 150 scores and Joe Root taking five wickets.

Odd goings on at Edgbaston. Nothing wrong in trying to set up a match due to the lost time in the game but Warwickshire defending 11 overs in 20 minutes to ensure Northants were on time with their overs followed by a declaration, a quick 70 odd and another declaration.
Warwickshire need 176 in two sessions which seems quite generous.
You underestimated the power of the Warwickshire top order collapse. 19/4 including a hat trick

5 down now - Other Counties in the Division 1 relegation scrap will quite rightly be furious if Warwickshire tamely lose which seems likely.

It's only Kent and Middlesex, fuck 'em.

Middlesex absolutely deserve to go down anyway, their batting has been a disgrace all season.

Or out for 96. More Boult legside dross getting a wicket, when your luck's in I suppose.

Should get 350+ here.

Say I was flipping channels and landed on some cricket.

Is it possible to help me understand what the fuck is happening in three sentences or fewer? I'll spot you one: "Man throws ball, ball must bounce, other man must hit ball" (I think).

Say I was flipping channels and landed on some cricket.

Is it possible to help me understand what the fuck is happening in three sentences or fewer? I'll spot you one: "Man throws ball, ball must bounce, other man must hit ball" (I think).
It doesn't have to bounce, as long as it doesn't reach the batsman above hip height

What cricket are you watching?
None currently, but ESPN actually has it on quite often via their streaming service (ditto Aussie football and rugby, actually).

Sometimes a cricket highlight will even make SportsCenter's Top 10 for the day!

None currently, but ESPN actually has it on quite often via their streaming service (ditto Aussie football and rugby, actually).

Sometimes a cricket highlight will even make SportsCenter's Top 10 for the day!
There are 3 formats. 20 over which takes 3 hours or so, 50 over which is a day and Test which is up to 5 days. Finding out which you are watching is the starting point

Highest England ODI scores:

180 Roy vs Aus 2018
171 Hales vs Pak 2016
167* Smith vs Aus 1993
162* Buttler vs Ned 2022
162 Roy vs SL 2016

Can Stokes get himself on the list?

Back