• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Yeah completely ballsed up a really good position

I know it's meant as a piss take, but this does sum up the way we bat. When it works it's great, when it doesn't it looks awful. I'd like to see Root play like the player that made him in the best batsman in the world. He gets out on average every 11.5 balls when he plays a shot like he did today, it is not the modern equivalent of the Gower cover drive or the Pietersen hit over mid off

Damage done in the first 2 hours today and has decided the test match. Just a lack of common sense at times.

I know it's meant as a piss take, but this does sum up the way we bat. When it works it's great, when it doesn't it looks awful. I'd like to see Root play like the player that made him in the best batsman in the world. He gets out on average every 11.5 balls when he plays a shot like he did today, it is not the modern equivalent of the Gower cover drive or the Pietersen hit over mid off

Scyld Berry is the Owen Jones of cricket, if you accidentally find yourself agreeing with him then you might do well to quickly re-assess where you are.

On a positive note Bairstow's batting and Foakes' keeping should have made the who does Brook replace question a no brainer

If it hits above the knee roll then it’s usually very touch and go whether it hits the stumps.

He’s pinned on the crease and it’s only clipping the bails. Looks fine to me.

Was thinking that maybe Bazball need adapting, but after listening to ‘Aggers’ take his moment he’s been waiting for to unload about traditional cricket I’m all for it again.

Was thinking that maybe Bazball need adapting, but after listening to ‘Aggers’ take his moment he’s been waiting for to unload about traditional cricket I’m all for it again.
He's already done that at least twice, when SA battered us at home in one Test and also in the Ashes. I liked him 15-20 years ago but he's been a bore for a long time now. Weirdo as well, that stuff with Jonathan Liew (a dick, but pick your moments) on Twitter and the infamous Partridgean interview with Lily Allen.

Just watched the highlights... at least Burnley and Sheff utd fans will be happy as they didn't take the biggest drubbing of the weekend.

Back