• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

I assume he hasn’t really bowled around the wicket much before playing Tests, but it seems we do that exclusively ever since Broad got good at it
Apparently there's a massive disparity in his Durham figures too.

I expect Robinson to play the next one assuming he doesn't go on a kebab binge or something.

Jimmy completely bamboozled Petersen during that over ending in an almighty swish that failed to connect but made Root laugh.

Markram gone 16

160-3
First wkt for Leach, straight after Tea

Speaking of, I saw Samit Patel playing in our favourite tournament last night. Big guy.
I've always liked Fat Sam and he epitomises a county cricketer for me. Never quite good enough for international cricket but a trier and always with a smile. I think the ECB made too much of his weight issues and if his cricket was good enough should have embraced him for that, not picking him based on performance and to then tell him he can't play until he loses weight.

Some things will change but us bowling short pitched dross to tailenders never will.

Some things will change but us bowling short pitched dross to tailenders never will.
pitch it up just outside off stump, defend the off-side

i guess there was a time when you could reliably bounce-out tailenders, i just don't think it works anymore

It’s because they don’t like being hit for runs, tailenders are much better now at hitting good length balls but especially with a new ball of it’s good enough for the top order it’ll be good enough for the rest.

Cracking catch from Bairstow to finish it after making a mess of it initially

Crawley made it to double figures this time at least before getting out.

Same circular problem as we've had for ages. He currently isn't anything like good enough and by rights shouldn't be near the team. There are also next to no candidates to replace him.

Cook is still probably our best opener and he finished years ago for England.

Foakes should be looking very nervously over his shoulder. He looks way out of his depth with the bat most of the time.

I am getting as annoyed as you lot with that which shall not be named, although my annoyance is purely for selfish reasons in that it impacts the ease of taking my wife to/from work.

Back