• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

If Bicknell is right and they have moved the ASHES to accommodate the fucking 16.4 then ECB should be lined up against the wall and shot.

This will backfire hideously. Cricket fans give not the smallest shit about the 16.4 but the Ashes is sacred. Disgraceful.

It being in August isn't sacred though, in 1989 and 1993 four of the six Tests were played in June and July (so in fact the series was dead by August :D ). In 2005 the fifth and deciding Test was in September.

I don't agree with moving anything for a domestic tournament (that goes the same for anything across the world) and the precedent that sets but it's not the sky falling in. Not yet anyway.

Last edited:
What is a scandal is that no-one gets a refund at all today. 32 overs, no play after 2.10pm.

You struggle to get a ticket for under £100 at Lord's.

Gone past our first innings score at Lord's vs NZ and we won that one, so y'know...

Potts's line has been all over the place.
What a superb over from Jimmy. I don't know how Elgar survived.

Elgar gone 47

85-1

Jimmy gets him via his thigh pad and arm onto the stumps

I assume he hasn’t really bowled around the wicket much before playing Tests, but it seems we do that exclusively ever since Broad got good at it

Back