• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Santi Bueno

If Santi is fit he plays.

4 atb with Kilman on the right and Toti on the left wouldn't be for the faint hearted
I'm not saying we should, just that I think we might.

Having Neto on the bench and the option to go 3 atb bringing Santi on is a good option if it isn't working though.

I really like Bueno, certainly think he is good enough to replace Dawson when Dawson need time out / Retires.

He never seems to make last ditch tackles. Decent distributor and solid

Still early days for him based on the amount he's actually played so far, but signs are good that he can be a competent defender.

I do wonder if Santi is being looked at as Dawsons replacement as the solid, reliable defender in our back 3, maybe even in a 2 going forward. He does seem to have improved game on game.

I think having watched O'Neil's teams for half a season now I definitely think Bueno is much more suited to how he wants us to play. He's very sure of himself in possession, moves the ball quickly and accurately.

I think it's testament to how well he's played when called upon that people are calling him 'solid, reliable and unfussy' because that's definitely not his profile. He's not a like for like replacement for Dawson but if we can transition away from Dawson to Bueno without any of the hiccups that can usually come with phasing out a strong, dependable centre half for one who can help much more in possession then we're onto a winner.

I have to say though, when he's been in the team we've had a few more of those moments where there's been pure confusion in the back line, the ball bouncing around everywhere... Not directly his fault but the type of situation Dawson would've just snuffed out before it had the chance to develop. You'd hope having his captain next to him would help in those situations but oh well...

He was a better makeweight in the Nunes transfer than Hoever was for Jota, so that's a plus. Although he's missing out on a seemingly legitimate title challenge by Girona.

Shame for him, boon for us, I s'pose.

Back