• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Santi Bueno

According to reports he favours playing on the right-hand side.

Lopetegui wanted him, but the Wolves board said no

According to reports he favours playing on the right-hand side.

Lopetegui wanted him, but the Wolves board said no
If Lop wanted Bueno and Bellegarde but the board said no, it feels like they were actively trying to piss him off and make him leave by now signing them.

If Lop wanted Bueno and Bellegarde but the board said no, it feels like they were actively trying to piss him off and make him leave by now signing them.

or....

He was told that there would be outgoings needed to fund incoming players. He wasn't happy about the amount of outgoings and when they could start buying so threw his dummy out of the pram and left.

or....

He was told that there would be outgoings needed to fund incoming players. He wasn't happy about the amount of outgoings and when they could start buying so threw his dummy out of the pram and left.
Considering transfers out and wages we had already freed up about £100m, wanting some signings was not unreasonable if you actually want to be competitive and not circling the relegation drain like we are now. The Nunes transfer bumps us up to some abitrary number set by Fosun for the balance sheet. To think the choice was either sell Nunes or get new signings when we have already sold plenty of players gives too much credence to Fosun's narrative.

Injured?

Just not fit enough for Bielsa ball yet by the sounds of things.

Could well be fit enough for Gazball though 🤷

Says he has a thigh injury in that.

What's the news in Santiago? Still injured?

He is 4th choice. If we are sticking with the 3, he should appear v Flum

He played against Ipswich and has been on the bench for every game since apart from Saturday

Not heard that he shouldn’t be but our communication about injury and recovery has been pretty ropey over a good while.

Yeah, I wondered why he was missing Saturday. Thought perhaps injured again.
It could be I suppose, I thought at the time it was just that the other Bueno was fit and if we got an injury to a ch in the game we'd either go to a 4 or move Doherty/Jonny/Lemina in there.

I can see a world where we play Jonny there against Fulham to be honest.

More Premier League experience (albeit not in that position) and then hook him at 60-70 for Bueno. Maybe play Toti in the Dawson role to man mark Raul out of the game, assuming he starts.

Uruguay squad was supposed to be announced last night but can’t find news of it anywhere.

Back