• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
May as well start a new thread for the end of this season.

Neto again linked away today under the guise of FFP by The Sun, which we know is a bollocks reason.

Elsewhere, Barcelona have apparently stuck a €100m (£85m) price tag on Frenkie De Jong. Neto is a better player than him with a greater output in goals/assists. That's the sort of fee we should be demanding IMO, not bending over when Liverpool come calling.

May as well start a new thread for the end of this season.

Neto again linked away today under the guise of FFP by The Sun, which we know is a bollocks reason.

Elsewhere, Barcelona have apparently stuck a €100m (£85m) price tag on Frenkie De Jong. Neto is a better player than him with a greater output in goals/assists. That's the sort of fee we should be demanding IMO, not bending over when Liverpool come calling.
Comparing fees is a sure way to madness. Antony cost £86m! I’d like to think we’d get £65m for Neto but it will depend on whether more than one club is really interested. I just hope he doesn’t end up at Spurs as that will inevitably mean we get a pittance.

I’m looking forward to the third year running of

Before the window
“Loads of players are interested in joining us because of the manager and his playing style/pedigree”

During the window
“We need to wait for other clubs to make their moves first so our targets become available”

After the window
“We couldn’t get the right agreements and we won’t just sign anyone, they have to be right for this club”

All with the continued theme of PSR etc

Before the window
“Loads of players are interested in joining us because of the manager and his playing style/pedigree”

During the window
“We need to wait for other clubs to make their moves first so our targets become available”

After the window
“We couldn’t get the right agreements and we won’t just sign anyone, they have to be right for this club”

We have a variation on stage 2 this year, with the things are slow because of the Euros line they will intersperse with yours

Before the window

During the window

After the window

And then following all that:

1000039072.jpg

From the sycophants.

The Sun article is standard not understanding the profit and sustainabollocks

Starts off staying what we all know will happen* - Neto will be sold and will fund the summers transfers (Sun reckons north of £60m)

Then goes off to say how close we are to breaking the rules. As if how close we were for for the latest round will forever be the case

Then they flip back to how Fosun want a model where they sell 1 x superstar each summer to fund incomings (use Leicester as an example, which is not so great considering what happened to them last season)

Essentially in one article covered all angles

*well we know 1 part of this will happen...

Nationals can't be arsed to do their own research, so will happily just presume PTS and Liam know what they're talking about and repeat that. Those regional shills parrot whatever they're told so they continue to get the odd puff-piece exclusive. Club simps swallow it all, after all if so many journos are saying it they must be right, so lets all have a twitter noshing contest on Jeff Shi and his phenomenal work in keeping the club afloat, moronically clapping away at every price increase, every squad gap, every forced sale, every 14th place finish. "Look at Portsmouth" they'll exclaim, through half chewed bullshit, trading false equivalences and denying the numbers and the facts. Fucking pricks, all the sway from Shi through to the Twitter bellends

I’m The Man by Anthrax. Made it all the more happy.

System of a Down, Chop Suey

Nationals
can't be arsed to do their own research
so will happily just presume PTS and Liam

Yep, looking forward to all those shit hot continentals we’re gonna be linked with and ending up with Che Adams.

Callum O Hare is on a free at the end of the season too, not sure how he'd fit, but that'd be the kind of transfer I'd be expecting.

I am going to take my ignore shit and be overly optimistic stance are per. So much better than fearing the negative and when the negative happens just shrug it off and reset for the next window

Last Summer Plan B was sell Rubes and a few others and then sign players like Alex Scott. (Plan A was lie to Julen and hope he doesn't notice)
That didn't happen as it turned out Jeff had pressed the wrong buttons on his Casio Calculator Watch and we had to sell the pot we used to piss in (until City gave us a hand)

I think we will be back at that point when Neto goes. So get looking at the Championship and South America for young promising talent and maybe a couple of experienced players that make us go either "meh" or "fuck off with that shit" and they turn out to be ok.

Here endeth my non doomsday transfer window scenario

If that is the non doomsday transfer window scenario, what would be the doomsday one?

Sell Neto, Cunha, Lemina, and Gomes. Sign nobody.

Back